Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SIL is pissed at me because I won't accept her daughter/my niece as a friend. She wanted to know why not. I told her because I don't accept kids because of the junk that comes along with it. She was pissed I didn't email her. I don't have her email. Why would I?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What junk that comes along with it? How old is the neice? Why should that piss off SIL anyway, I don't get that at all.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
You can message people on Facebook that you're not friends with. There's a Send Message option right next to the Confirm & Ignore option. If it comes up again, where it's a relative and you just have a 'no teenagers' policy, you could shoot them a message and let them know.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Who wrote the rule that your entire family have to be involved in every aspect of your life? Your SIL needs to get her nose out of your personal business. It's up to YOU who you add/don't add. People have real gall.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who wrote the rule that your entire family have to be involved in every aspect of your life? Your SIL needs to get her nose out of your personal business. It's up to YOU who you add/don't add. People have real gall.
Thank you! This is exactly what I want to say to her. She is also the one that thinks we should all save to go one vacation to FL for her daughters (this one) birthday. I hate all of the crap from the teenagers so no kids for me.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can message people on Facebook that you're not friends with. There's a Send Message option right next to the Confirm & Ignore option. If it comes up again, where it's a relative and you just have a 'no teenagers' policy, you could shoot them a message and let them know.
I didn't think about it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
FB causes all kinds of family drama...my mom kept bitching about the wall stuff I posted and I blocked her...she was REALLY pissed then, lol.

ETA--it wasn't games, just news links, comments on my status, etc. I don't think we were meant to be friends!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
She is also the one that thinks we should all save to go one vacation to FL for her daughters (this one) birthday.
I should have known!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
FB causes all kinds of family drama...my mom kept bitching about the wall stuff I posted and I blocked her...she was REALLY pissed then, lol.

ETA--it wasn't games, just news links, comments on my status, etc. I don't think we were meant to be friends!
What did she say when she found you you had blocked her?!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Well, first she didn't understand what blocking was...she was like, "does this mean we aren't friends anymore?" So I sent her the link to the FB page where it explains what blocking is, lol. She then proceeded to tell me that I hurt HER feelings. I'm not unblocking her.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Oh, you hurt HER feelings! Funny.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Well, my "niece" is mad that I won't accept her either. But she's a niece by marriage, which is no longer so I don't feel obligated to have her in my life especially since I haven't seen her in 13 years. I hate drama.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

LMFAO!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Some people are just friend whores. I had someone go through my friends and try to friend everyone. She didn't know 90% of them. Do you win a contest if you have the most friends or what? I only friend people I know anymore. The first one who sends me a farmville or mafia wars request gets booted. lol

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Who wrote the rule that your entire family have to be involved in every aspect of your life?
My SIL wrote that rule, it was definitely her!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Some people are just friend whores. I had someone go through my friends and try to friend everyone. She didn't know 90% of them. Do you win a contest if you have the most friends or what? I only friend people I know anymore. The first one who sends me a farmville or mafia wars request gets booted. lol
How odd of that person.

But I agree, some people are really friend whores. I keep wanting to go through a purge people, but then I feel bad. Why do I feel bad? I have no idea!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts