Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i type this my dad, age 74 is having hip replacement surgery. My brother took him to hospital this morning. This is his first ever hospital stay. He wasn't even born in a hospital. Never even needed to see a doctor before this. Gosh I hope it goes well Dad, i'll be along later today.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Those hip replacements are really smooth sailing now, Justine. He'll be walking (with a walker) within a day or two. From what you posted, your dad will probably be more unsettled by the hospital surroundings and activity than he will the surgery itself! You're both in my thoughts.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
My dad had a knee replacement this August
his brother had two hip replacements this past year as well

the surgeries all went ok - recovery wasn't fun but both are so pleased with their mobility now

I will think best thoughts for your dad

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Those hip replacements are really smooth sailing now, Justine. He'll be walking (with a walker) within a day or two.
I have heard this too...my BIL had hip replacement and was up and walking in no time. I just wish my mom would go and get it done...she is far too young to be walking with a cane.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Prayers for your dad. I am amazed he has never needed a doctor or surgery before, must be a healthy guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.