Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's come undone. After two weeks of agonizing pain he saw his surgeon today. We thought it was just undue pressure on the sciatic nerve. Wrong. The femur rod and hip rod have become "unjoined".

Surgeon is hopeful that two weeks of physical therapy can get the rods realigned. If not, Tud will have to have another surgery to remove the hip rod and then be immobilized (casted) for several weeks while the bone grows together.

I think now is a good time to say "one day at a time" and think no further than each succeeding 24 hours.

Stiff drink, anyone? :-\

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Awww, crap. I'm so sorry to hear about that, Nance. An acquaintance of mine had a similar problem--his leg was shattered in a serious car accident, and he has rods running from his hip to his ankle. They had to rebreak the bone and reset the rods. He was casted for a couple of months, on two separate occasions. It was not easy but he was determined and got through it, and the bone DID grow straight eventually.

So lots of good thoughts for Tudor. It'll grow together, it just takes a long time.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh Nance, that just sucks! :mad: Lots of prayers and good thoughts that things realign themselves and Tud is relieved of the pain.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, Nathan. We're taking the naval approach on this:
"**** the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I'm sorry Tud's experiencing so much pain. Hopefully PT helps him.
Sending good thoughts ...

yes, sometimes things seem very unfair.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm sorry! This has just all been a nightmare.......sending good healing thoughts, and a virtual bottle of what? Scotch?

Frances

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Sorry Nance. Prayers that the PT will be all it takes.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I'm sorry. You've both been through so much already. I hope P/T gives Tudor some relief.

I'll share my tequila with you.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Well, double crap. I'm so sorry. Keeping you both in my prayers. Just remember, "And this too shall pass."

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
(((((hugs)))))
I sure hope the physical theraphy will get things back in line. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed.
Sure, I'll join you in a stiff drink. ;D

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Oh man, that SUCKS !! Poor Tud....... he will be in our thoughts and prayers........ I hope it realigns with the therapy.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Aw man, you guys are having a heck of a year. :( I'm sending prayers and good thoughts, and hopefully things will turn around. Poor Tud, and poor you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts