Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew she would at some point since I'm the only client left in this area. She travels 40 minutes just to take my gang for a walk. It kind of worked out well as far as timing. I've been thinking for awhile to cut back her days because it's so expensive, so Saturday I left a message saying I would only need her Tuesdays and Thursdays. I felt horrible and told her that if she needed a couple of weeks to fill the other days, that would be absolutely fine. She called me back and said she was sorry, but she really can't do it at all anymore. It's not worth her time, gas, etc. I totally understand, but was really taken aback. I wasn't expecting it NOW. She also said that she got Karen, her backup, to take over. I told her that wasn't necessary since Karen doesn't walk them anyway, she only lets them out back.

I'm really sad. She's been with us since we got Frankie, 3-1/2 years ago. They're really going to miss her, too. She's coming today for one last walk and to leave the key.

:(

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Aww...

But maybe this hard economic time has inspired someone else -- closer -- to get into the business. Despite finances everywhere, there's still a huge demand for service-related industries.

Good luck finding a sub. If only I lived closer....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's the thing, I don't want a sub now. As much as we will all miss her, that's an additional $300 per month for us. They're old enough, I think, that 2 walks a day is plenty. It still sucks though. I was crying this morning as I was writing her final note. :'(

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That stinks. It will hopefull be good for your wallet though and they should be ok as long as they get their other walks. I thought about getting one for our gang maybe it would help but I just don't think we could afford it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It sucks that she quit unexpectedly, but you were kinda phasing her out, no???

Anyway, I'll be the ray of hope.
The dogs are old enough so no one needs to be let out...
They get walked 2x a day - that's good exercise.
They get play time.
They get cookies and love and pets when you are home.
and They will most likely sleep when no dog walker shows up.

You are GOLDEN!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyway, I'll be the ray of hope.
The dogs are old enough so no one needs to be let out...
They get walked 2x a day - that's good exercise.
They get play time.
They get cookies and love and pets when you are home.
and They will most likely sleep when no dog walker shows up.

You are GOLDEN!!!
Thanks, I needed that right now!!! Today is their first day home alone all day. I feel so bad...

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to make you feel worse, but I bet they'll be missing her today. I wish I could do that for a living. It sure would be fun. Maybe when I retire. Then I always think I should be home with my own! I'm sure they will be fine after they get used to the new routine. Give them extra treats and hugs!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, I don't mean to make you feel worse, but I bet they'll be missing her today.
I know. :( Maybe they'll think it's Wednesday, she doesn't come on Wednesdays. LOL

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stop beating yourself up! Your dogs get better care than most dogs in America do! You aren't depriving them. Luckily, they can't read a calendar...just tell them it is Wednesday EVERY day...that's a good day to be...halfway through the week!

They are probably just sleeping.

I don't have class today and my dog is knocked out and has been since his walk/play time this am. When I am home for breaks...the dogs mostly sleep anyway - if I had a dog walker come, they'd just be waking the pups up!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luckily, they can't read a calendar...just tell them it is Wednesday EVERY day.
LOL!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts