Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm serious though.

Molly's stomach feels a little hard and she has been farting like it's her job ::) She ate fine this morning, peed and has been drinking fine but hasn't pooped yet :( She's acting normal, playing etc...

I was getting ready to leave for the beach, but now I don't know what to do. We have a vet down there and we know where the ER vet is (just in case the need should arise). She's been with me all day today and yesterday and I know I didn't see her eat anything (then again we all know labs).

Am I over reacting?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I would make sure she poops before going anywhere. There could be a blockage (the hard belly indicates *something* is wrong). Try walking her, and see if the exercise doesn't work things loose.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well before we hit the road I took her to the vet and on the way noticed her but was BIG TIME smelly...our vet expressed her anal glands and said that it was probably painful for her to poop. I told him we were going to the beach and he said to go ahead that he would give the vet down here a heads up...also told me that if she didn't poop by tonight that I would need to take her in first thing.

I stopped about an hour after we left to let her walk around and she pooped!! It was just a little poop but then when we got here (to the beach) she pooped A LOT....hopefully everything is all cleared up because I hate to have to bring her to the vet our first week here:(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
YAY! :D this board has been on poop patrol lately - first Tank, now Molly. Weird what dog lovers worry about!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
AmazonGold said:
YAY! :D this board has been on poop patrol lately - first Tank, now Molly. Weird what dog lovers worry about!
Ain't it the truth !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
WhenI think Rowdy needs to I just give him a few of my dried apricots, good for man or beast. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts