Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A British Police officer has been found guilty today of leaving his 2 German Shepherds to die an horrific and unnecessary death in extreme temperatures in the back of his police car. He left them for 7 hours without checking them in June last year.

The only punishment he has received is a financial one, a measly £2500 and has pleaded that he was suffering from depression and OCD, I can't imagine what those poor dogs went through, it doesn't bare thinking about.

If he wasn't fit for work, as he is claiming, then he shouldn't have been responsible for those 2 lives.

RIP Jet and Jay-Jay :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8528878.stm

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
We had a similar case around here with a similar result. People were pissed and basically nothing was done.

He must have a pretty crappy version of OCD; I've got some issues with it and I can tell you that there's a higher chance that I would have checked on those dogs fifty times than not at all.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
:mad2:I just read that on our news. http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...left-in-car-boot/story-e6frfku0-1225833229849

RSPCA prosecutor Paul Taylor told Nottingham Magistrates' Court that "Jet and Jay-Jay suffered excruciating pain when their handler PC Johnson left them in the boot of his private car".
WTF were they doing in the boot? The outside temp that day was close to 30 degC that day so you can only imagine how hot it was inside that car. It doesn't sound like a very convincing case of OCD to me. If he was as bad as he claimed, he would have been checking on those dogs every 5 minutes. I hope he never gets to handle another police (or any dog) again.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Horrifying. At least he got named in the press, there are sure to be some ramifications for him unofficially.

I read today that California is trying to pass legislation where convicted animal abusers are listed in an online registry like sex offenders, child molestors, and arsonists. I wonder if the UK would go for something like that as well? You guys don't have quite the same attitude towards guarding individual privacy as we do here...

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Okay, anyone that abuses an animal or a child needs to be subjected to the same thing they did to the animal or the child.

In this case, lock his ass up in the boot of a car on a hot day, let's see how long he makes it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.