Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got this one:

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cam...-fz18/4505-6501_7-32517173.html?tag=mncol;lst

IMO, it's a good camera considering the price - about $330 USD & the one most of my pics I post on here are taken with.

Also got this one but don't use it as much since I've had the Panasonic. It lives in the car for those unexpected shots when you wish you had a camera with you. :rolleyes: Paid about $120 AUD for it around 3 years ago. This is the one I took my siggy pic with.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06091201fujia700.asp

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I'm shooting with the same camera as Jim. It's the Canon 40D.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any of these cameras an SLR?? I'm looking for a new camera and have been pricing the slr cameras... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
No pic, I use a Pentax K10D. Pretty happy with it, still need to take some photography lessons.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I have 3 that I use regularly

First my Canon G6

I use the Canon XT most often

The one that is in my purse all the time, the Canon Elph 1100 IS

·
Registered
439 Posts
Got this one a few months ago:

And this in my old one that I use on 'dangerous' shoots where I don't want my new one damaged!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Got this one a few months ago:

And this in my old one that I use on 'dangerous' shoots where I don't want my new one damaged!
Oooh I wish I could affort the D300.. Is it fairly easy to use?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pentax K10D, Nikon D70 and Fuji F45FD

While I find a point and shoot like the Fuji F45FD very handy (especially under low light), I would not want to shoot without a DSLR. When it comes to shoot people, LABS, cars, etc...

The 2 great recommendations for much better LAB shots, I can share are:

1) Use a prime (non-zoom) lens. They are faster (open wider), resulting in natural light vs flash, and you don't have to go through multiple layers of glass. Last year I had my 4 year old Nikon D70 DSLR with a 50MM prime lens. Someone else attending the function had a new Nikon D700 (superior in every way to the D70). Yet all of my people pictures came out significantly better. The D700 had a very high end Nikon Zoom that cost more than my D70 4 years ago.

2) If you have to use flash, bounce it, or get an indirect reflector. Major difference. Direct flash is very harsh regardless of the quality of the camera or flash. Labs do not like flash. They will thank you.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts