Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show on Dog Food Tonight

On the Discovery Channel the show Dirty Jobs will be airing an episode about rendering plants and the things that are rendered into pet food on 1/23/09 at 8pm and again on 1/24/09 at 12 am. I am currious to see what actually goes into pet food and thought others might be as well. You know how that saying goes "You are what you eat"..lol

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Re: Show on Dog Food Tonight

Based on your comment, 'You what you eat.' I would suggest that you skip the show.

Rationale:

I worked summers during college in the Catskill Mountains. At a resort known for its great food and fantastic chefs. As I waited on the tables, the guests would rave about the food. I thought better than to tell them what I saw go on in the kitchen every day. How I had to decide that something would not be served to one of my guests. I suppose one story will give you an idea.

Guest asks for eggs over easy for breakfast. Cook is getting them ready as I am back in the kitchen and waiting for them. Ready to flip them over. Takes the pan, flips them up and over and misses. Eggs land on a counter. Fast as lightning, his spatula has them up off the counter and on a plate. Eggs look perfect except for the dirt on them. I say that I can't serve them, the chef says, 'Tell them I put pepper on them.'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts