Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Chevy Trailblazer with the crates inside. I got the two back crates from LabsrMe and they work perfectly. The crate on the middle seat is where Ruger rides and it's two inches taller and four inches longer than the back two.

Show me your dog transport system....

·
Registered
506 Posts
I dont have any pics but both of our dogs have seatbelts. Right now Maggie has the seat in the back of the van. She loves the seat belt and knows it means we are going for a ride. She gets strapped in and lays down. Same with Finn except he has one of the captain's seats. For now this works great for us.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I'll have to see if I can get some pics ;)

In my car Molly rides in the backseat w/ her seatbelt. In mom's car just picture your trailblazer w/ both girls in the back with the SUV barrier up...they get to test it out in 2 weeks on the way to the beach!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Right now I have a Toyota Corolla Mocha rides in the back seat. I tried a seat belt but she about ate it so for now she just sits back there and looks out the window most of the time. I hope to get a vehicle with a back hatch for her when my lease is up next March.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I will have to get pictures later. I drive a GMC Envoy.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Colin! You have four labs?! Since when?? The two in the front look young, are they recent additions?

Her'es my Jeep last summer (ahhhh, summer). When we do go to the park or the gorge with the lid off, they go in the back with the seat down. Leashes held securely my whoever is in the passenger side, driving very slowly.

G

·
It's not me on that cycle, but it is just for the impression ;)

And for the rest we do evry thing walking or cycling during the lack of a drivers licence ::)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I'll take pics tomorrow after I clean it, but the kids ride in a yukon denali XL (a GMC suburban). I usually have three 36" crates in there unless I'm planning on hauling everyone then I reconfigure and put four in there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is our Dakota:

This is our Dakota when hunting, lol!:

And this is our "set-up":

We didn't have enough to purchase a kennel topper (priced out at around $6,000!), so the DH made one (for less than $300). We have a flat panel with 3 kennels (one, a larger one, is behind the initial two), all are secured. Each kennel has water and food dishes and, in the summer, a personal fan- in the winter, we have a heating unit. We also have a storage area underneath to keep our container of training equipment and anything else we need to haul or store.

We like our Dakota a lot. It does only have a short box (5 x 5) but it does have possibilites. Both the DH and I agree it's the best vehicle we've purchased so far.

·
Registered
922 Posts

My husband recently had the drawer system made for me. It holds all of my retriever training equipment (well, most of it!). I have enough room on the left side of the crates for either two soft crates or one soft crate and one folding chair.

I also have room for one or two other crates in the middle of the car, but of course that doesn't leave much room for luggage, etc.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kim (cinderbaylabs) did you insulate your van? I almost purchased one, but the salesman really talked me out of it. He said they were really noisy and I'd need to insulate it. I could see that with only that thin layer of steel between us and the road, it would be noisy. Also, I would have had more windows punched into it as well. My dogs like a view ;)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
raian said:
Kim (cinderbaylabs) did you insulate your van? I almost purchased one, but the salesman really talked me out of it. He said they were really noisy and I'd need to insulate it. I could see that with only that thin layer of steel between us and the road, it would be noisy. Also, I would have had more windows punched into it as well. My dogs like a view ;)
Ya know it is really not that noisy at all. I mean all I hear are the crates and water bowls banging or my cd player blasting LOL
My Jeep Cherokee was a noisier ride. Gosh I miss that thing though. But won't fit 5 dogs in there!
We plan to insulate it though. More for weather reasons than anything. What I do like is it has a big AC/Heater in the back so I can keep the dogs cool or warm.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.