Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a show and go this morning with the boys. Ran Micah in Rally Novice and he actually did ok! I was surprised. Granted I had a wad of cheese with me, but with all that was going on he have me nice attention and worked well over all.

Now as for Caleb. Men were "judging" both rings so I told them both to be in Caleb's space. Utility was ok until the go-outs and he started his acting up. Once I went and corrected him he did two beautiful go-outs. Open we worked on his auto finishes. In the group exercises he did a nice sit and I decided to do another sit when everyone else was doing a down. Right on cue--didn't even get across the ring and he was down. That was one surprised Labrador when I went and corrected him. When we came back from being out of site everyone was remarking about how sad he look. Right! He can look sad with all the times he's gone down! ;)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sounds like a great time was had by all! (poor Caleb, tell him I'm on my way to rescue him from such horrid conditions!)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He says Aunt Melissa, pleeeeeze come get me! I love to play with Ruby Roo!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Susan, have you tried putting a walkie-talkie behind Caleb (and behind an armband) and letting the 'voice of God' speak to him as he is going down?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Susan, have you tried putting a walkie-talkie behind Caleb (and behind an armband) and letting the 'voice of God' speak to him as he is going down?
Problem I am having is he does not do it in training--literally only in the ring! That is why the show and go was so good. Dressed like a show, did everything like a show. We'll see what he does this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts