Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He brings me coffee in bed on the weekends.
He cleans the snow off my car in the winter, even if he doesn't have to go to work.
He does the laundry on the weekend if I'm out of town.
He feeds and walks the dogs everyday, since he's home earlier than me.
He does the grocery shopping every week, since he's home earlier than me.
He cooks breakfast on the weekends, while I do chores.
He brings me home wildflowers in the summer when he's working.
He does the dishes if I cook supper.
He tevo's scary movies for me because he knows I like them, even though he won't watch.
He'll call me and say "I have a surprise for you when you get home". Could be a candy bar, flowers, dog treats, doesn't matter what it's just that he saw something he knew I'd like.
I have quite the collection of winter hats, because he knows I love to play in the snow and says I have to keep my head warm!

I really do love my honey, he's my best friend ever.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
There's so many. :)

He cooks breakfast on the weekend, or will surprise me with breakfast when he goes out for coffee.

He cleans the snow off my truck.

He walks all 3 dogs every morning before work, no matter the weather.

He'll text me from the jobsite in the middle of the day, 3 simple phrases
"Hi hon xoxo".

He's an awesome cook, however, he doesn't care what I make for him. It can be anything from fancy shmancy, to a grilled cheese and soup.

He's 44 years old and still has the body of the 20 year old that I met. Same size and everything - 32 x 32 jeans. That's a carpenter for ya! :)

He always tells me how pretty I look, and how much he loves me.

There are soooo many things...I could go on and on and on....

My heart is overflowing as I type this. :)
*off to text him to say how much I love him*

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
We have 3 cats because he's such a softy.

He can change a poopy diaper without calling me or running away.
He can cook for himself.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
He feeds horses for me when I am too sick to do it myself
Oh my, I could go on and on because he does so much but my brain isn't running right now.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
He is an excellent father and is awesome with kids. I've never seen anyone so great with kids before. :)

He's a hard worker and has allowed me to stay home with our babies for the past 9 years.

He helps everyone and everything that needs it. He's the type of guy who will pull over and get a turtle off the road.

He's as much of an animal lover as I am. :)

He makes me laugh...all the time!

We've been married 11 years, and I've only seen him get angry once. He has the best temper.

When we lost our daughter and the boys were in NICU, I know he had to be dying inside but he stayed strong for me. He was what got me through the time after our daughter passed away. He recently has done the same for his brother when they lost their firstborn. :(

We share the same beliefs, we never fight, we never get tired of being around each other...

I could list a thousand more things I love about him. The good definitely outweigh the bad. He is my very best friend, my soul mate, and there will never be anyone who would be able to fill his shoes should, God forbid, something happen.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
He is my best friend.
Now that he is retired he drives me to work in bad weather.
He hates to cook so I cook and he cleans the house, he does a better job than me. :D
He is a great father and grandfather.
He never complains when I spend too much money.
But most of all, he loves our dogs as much as I do and takes good care of them. :)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Oh gosh, I was just thinking about a this kind of thread when I woke up!

Oh, God, there's so many things I love about Ken that I know I'll forget something. They're all things that make him the person he is.
-He's patient, loving, understanding, gentle, considerate
-He puts up with my mood swings, PMS and insecurities (it's because of that that I try to control them)
-He cleans, does laundry, changes sheets, washes dishes (which I didn't know about until after we got married)
-He hates it when I "wait" on him (like if I'm in the kitchen when the coffee's done and I fix him a cup)
-He doesn't make me feel insignificant or dumb
-He has no problem taking care of the critters if I'm away, even the cat who he hated.

This might give you an idea of the kind of person he is- a few years ago I was working a second part time job doing after care at the elementary school in Califon (different district from my other job). It wasn't worth it for me to come home between jobs, so I was gone until around 7 PM during the week. Ken & Kole would make their dinner, and, not only would Ken have a plate of warm food waiting for me when I got home, he'd cut the food up and bring it to me.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
He breathes.....................

Accepts me the way I am.............

He gives me coffee in bed on the weekends, he wakes me with a kiss every day, and turns the TV on.

Does the garbage, feeds the dogs when I can't.

Does the laundry, even puts it away, vacuums.

Keeps my feet warm at night.

Goes to work everyday, no matter what......

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
He is my # 1 go to guy!
He makes me laugh like no other
32 years many ups and many downs- I wouldn't have wanted to take the ride with anyone else. I can only hope that the next 32 are half the fun:)
I feel fortunate everyday to be married to my best friend -
As I freq. say and have told both kids, you don't have to be with someone thats perfect, just someone who is perfect for you!

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
She is a great mom.

She seems to get better looking as she gets older.

No matter what we disagree about.....she always cools down and returns to the discussion with common sense and understanding. After being with women without any common sense, it's greatly appreciated.

She works hard and is not afraid to get dirty.

She mows the lawn. (her choice)

She makes breakfast on the weekends, pancakes and french toast.

She is a good driver.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
He accepts me for who I am, OCD and all. Even after I make him go downstairs and re-check the locks on all the doors (twice), and then do it myself (twice), he just smirks. I work from home, and after taking an early retirement he a full-time student (working on his Master's degree). I tend to get very caught up in work during the day, but he is always coming in with coffee, water, tea . . . lunch. He takes good care of me, and makes me feel like I am a priority.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
We've done so much together and gone so far, I could never put a "list" together. It would be miles long and I still wouldn't be able to capture everything.

There is so much that we've endured and shared,tragedies and triumphs, great sadness and great joy, I don't know how to express it with words.

There is only one person that I want to journey through life with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ray is the sweetest, most loving man I know. And he's loved our dogs as Mich as I do. :)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
He's kind and considerate, and has the biggest heart of anyone I know.

On most nights, he cooks a fantastic meal.

He's very handy and has done a lot of work on our house.

Sundance couldn't have a better "dad."

His sense of humor is awesome.

I appreciate his easygoing nature, which balances my craziness and PMS moodiness.

He deals very well with my dad. Not an easy task.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but after nearly 25 years, there's no one I'd rather be with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts