Just Labradors banner

Should I skip Flyball because of Giardia?

469 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tanya 
#1 ·
Rocky was diagnosed with Giardia last week. We usually go to flyball practice on weekend but I am having doubts. It is in an indoor training facility

Should I skip flyball until he gets clean results from the vet (they will retest in one month) or is it ok to bring him and be VERY diligent about cleaning up after him and no sharing water bowls.

I want the best for all involved. the other dogs in flyball as well as all other dogs using that facility.

#4 ·
No runny stool. stinkier than usual but normal shape

raian said:
Just my two cents worth, but if I were doing flyball with you and found out your dog had Giardia, I'd be more than upset. I think you should keep him home until the vet says he's clear.
Definitely NOT keeping this a secret! I do value all the other dogs, that is why I am asking, and why I am leaving the final decision to my coach/team.
It does REALLY suck to miss at least a month, he's juuuuuuuuust getting it. But I have to do (and will do) what is best for the team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.