Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ziggy has soft poop, ate his dinner very slowly and has BAD gas, should I call the vet or just keep an eye on him? HELP

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
He's still pretty young, I would call. Any chance he ate something that you are unware of, I hope his tummy is better real soon! Di

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
How old is Ziggy?

How much does he weigh and how much is he eating of how many kcals/day?

My Puff is a "mutant" Lab, one of the rare 10% that self-regulates her food intake.

Over the last year or so, I'd gotten lax in the amount of food per meal I gave her AND rather than a scant 1 cup 2X/day, I'd been giving her generous cups at those times.

I was concerned because lately she was skipping some of her suppers, not eating them at all.

Last week, when we went to KSU's CollVetMed Tchng Hospl, she weighed 65 lbs. instead of her normal 62.

I began decreasing the food given/meal back to our former "scant" measurements.

Puff is now eating supper regularly.

AND, her poops are smaller and MUCH firmer.

Puff apparently knows very well what she needs.

It's humbling to have a dog smarter than you -- but kind of nice when you both can form a team to make a mutual decision.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I hope Ziggy is feeling better by now! I would just keep an eye on him...as long as he is eating and drinking pretty normally I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe he just ate too much grass? That is common for my pups this time of year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts