Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at the park, I threw a log (half an arms length size) anad Belle went right under it and smack it hit her on the head. She yelped so loud and I felt terrible, but she has no symptoms she is acting just like normal, nothing wrong with her at all. Labs have a hard head anyway don't they, I mean Belle opens the door by headbutting it lol.

She is fine nothing wrong with her, eating, playing, etc.

So, if she is acting normal, I shouldn't be worried should I?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
That's happened to me, but with snowballs...... I don't know, did she have a bump on her head after ? If not, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It probably just scared her.....

Melissa
;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No bumps, blood, grazes or anything she is her usual self lol

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Hopefully, there's no permanent damage. But I suggest treating this as a learning experience to NOT use such things to throw anymore because the same thing can easily happen again and cause serious injury, e.g., to an eye or teeth.

Order some vinyl Training Dummies.

I like the "Lucky Dog" brand 2" x 12" TDs from http://www.gundogsupply.com and theirs come complete with a slinging line already attached. I usually order 3-6 at a time of different colors so I'll always have at least one as a spare. When there's snow on the ground, I tie some 1/4" (6 mm) wide bright ribbons to it so it'll lie on the snow's surface if the rest of the TD is buried.

They're available from many sources but I've found gundogsupply is usually cheapest and quickest.

P.S. -- Do not let you dog use these as a chew toy; use them only for retrieving.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I hope she is ok. I have accidentally hit Tal when throwing his chuck-it ball. I try and be more careful now tho even tho I know it is harmless. Tal likes to chew and eat sticks too much so I steer him clear of them.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob Pr. said:
Hopefully, there's no permanent damage. But I suggest treating this as a learning experience to NOT use such things to throw anymore because the same thing can easily happen again and cause serious injury, e.g., to an eye or teeth.

Order some vinyl Training Dummies.

I like the "Lucky Dog" brand 2" x 12" TDs from http://www.gundogsupply.com and theirs come complete with a slinging line already attached. I usually order 3-6 at a time of different colors so I'll always have at least one as a spare. When there's snow on the ground, I tie some 1/4" (6 mm) wide bright ribbons to it so it'll lie on the snow's surface if the rest of the TD is buried.

They're available from many sources but I've found gundogsupply is usually cheapest and quickest.

P.S. -- Do not let you dog use these as a chew toy; use them only for retrieving.
Thanks I will look into them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts