Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would have ever thought ........... :rolleyes: :eek:

GORDON Ramsay is serving his pub customers ready-meals prepared in a London "food factory" - and sold with a mark-up of 586 per cent.

Dishes such as pork belly, coq au vin, braised pig cheeks and orange and bitter chocolate tart are prepared in bulk and then transported in plastic bags by unmarked vans to several of his London restaurants.

The celebrity chef - who runs a number of three Michelin-starred restaurants - uses the central kitchen, near railway arches and a council estate in Clapham, The Sunday Telegraph reports.

It provides food for his three gastropubs and Foxtrot Oscar, his bistro in Chelsea.

The Narrow in Limehouse, the Warrington in Maida Vale and the Devonshire in Chiswick are also supplied bythe food factory.

More here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25354152-5013560,00.html

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I ain't got the slightest idea who he is, but when I had cable the only cooking show I could stand to watch was "Good Eats" with Alton Brown, would let him in my kitchen, either inside or out.:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I ain't got the slightest idea who he is, but when I had cable the only cooking show I could stand to watch was "Good Eats" with Alton Brown, would let him in my kitchen, either inside or out.:D
Glen, he's one of those "celebrity" chefs. This is the series that's currently on tv here. He gets a bunch of chefs together & whoever can tolerate his abuse & swearing the most wins their own restaurant.

WARNING: Don't watch if you're easily offended by swearing - especially the eff word. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfnae8qMXy8&feature=related

Hey Glen, maybe you should get on his show & serve up some of your food to him. :D You should last about 1/2 a nanosecond. :D

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
His show persona is an exaggeration of his working personality. In real life, outside the kitchen, he's a kind and pretty quiet person. Very different from what you see on his show.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His show persona is an exaggeration of his working personality. In real life, outside the kitchen, he's a kind and pretty quiet person. Very different from what you see on his show.
I saw that too on (I think) 60 minutes? He reckons he never swears in front of his kids. That must be a challenge. I can't stop myself swearing in front of my dogs. :eek:

I find it hard to believe he'd really tell customers who complain to eff off like he does. I'm sure those scenes are pre scripted. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Just to prove how really out of it I am, I have no idea lwho you're all talking about, but the topic struck a cord with me. We live in "Bob Evans" country, where Bob Evans (of Bob Evans Restruants) was born, raised, and had his first resturant, and home of the real Bob Evans Farm. SU worked for Bob Evans, and we attended his funeral a couple years ago when he died. His resturants promise "down home cooking" and always put out good, homestyle, country food. Lately though, it's harder to get things more "personalized" , and they sometimes "run out" of the simplest things. That's when I found out that they no longer make alot of their items at the individual resturants, but rather cook them in a "food factory" and deliver them to the resturants, where they just "reheat" stuff. Very disappointing!!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Can't stand pre-scripted BS, on so called reallity shows, it's helped dumb down the masses more than they already are.

Garth, I bet that DS would last less time than that in one of my ourdoor kitchens, my loyal fans would take care of him so fast.;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I enjoy some of his shows. I prefer Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word to Hell's Kitchen though. I do wonder if with all his restaurants and TV shows that he isn't a little, um, overextended. It's hard to keep standards up when you are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts