Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I heard they killed three of them and captured one of them, big mistake, that one will end up being a royal PIA, someone should have popped another round, 50 cents would have saved money.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
The captain and his family live a few miles up the road........we have been watching pretty close and are thrilled to see him escape unharmed.

It's nice when the good guys win.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I heard they killed three of them and captured one of them, big mistake, that one will end up being a royal PIA, someone should have popped another round, 50 cents would have saved money.
He was on one of the ships, talking about ransoming the captain.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
He was on one of the ships, talking about ransoming the captain.
He should be in the brig in chains not on the news for the whole dang world to hear. Next he'll be whining about the US trying to destroy the GNO of Somalia.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
From what I heard it was the Navy Seals that rescued him. Pirate one was on board the ship talking ransom. Somehow the captain knew enough to jump off the life boat and the Seals or whomever was in the water shot the other three pirates before they could fire on the Captain.

The one on board the ship will be brought to the US and tried for piracy. The NY field office of the FBI is responsible for the case against him as they handle crimes against US citizens in Africa.

I am so happy for the Captain, his family, crew and the people he works with. That he was safe.

**edit now the Navy is saying they felt the ships captain was in danger so the Seals took out the pirates. The captain didn't have to jump off the boat to get away.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
That's impressive - sharpshooter on a ship, aiming at a target on a little rescue boat, and both vessels moving independently in the ocean. That sounds like a really difficult shot.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
That's impressive - sharpshooter on a ship, aiming at a target on a little rescue boat, and both vessels moving independently in the ocean. That sounds like a really difficult shot.
Yes it does......extremely difficult.

I'm glad those guys are on our side.

This is a much better ending then to give them a ransom. Giving in just feeds the behavior.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
On our tv news tonight, there's already talk around Hollywood about the movie. I hope they give a % of the royalties to the captain & the navy seals that shot the bastards. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts