Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'll have the Billy the Kid one ready tommorow, I have to run and be to work in about an hour and won't be on till evening because I'll not have much acess today till later.

Date of this on is said to be in the 1880's in Wyomong and is the shift change of the night guard.  Rare outdoor flash photo of the era.  Yes the magnesium flash powder type, whatch the birdie.  ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quick added and a bit better picture of the cowboy bed roll.

"A Night Hawk in his Nest."  By L.A. Huffman, Miles City Montana, most likely 1890s. 

I am waiting, hoping the Montana HS gets the time and funding for this collection.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you pronounced them koo-ban yer right on. Takin' a break from stockin' work boots. In a different dept for a while. No Cuban heels down here, titanium toes, yes. ;D

I can't think of Mr. Cuba's first name but he lived in Coffyville Kansas in the 1870's when he designed the heel. ;D Those boots are often called Coffyville style. I wear them sometimes but also wear other less expensive ones, a true Coffyville starts at a bit of $300.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That guy in the front needs a new pair of socks.
:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Glen, do you have any AZ photos or is that too far west and south?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me do some checking on Az, I think the one collection has some, most of my study is the Great Plains, but tommorow it is New Mexico and Billy the Kid. Ya want one of Geroniomo just before he surrendered, armed and all?

·
Registered
305 Posts
delmonico said:
Let me do some checking on Az, I think the one collection has some, most of my study is the Great Plains, but tommorow it is New Mexico and Billy the Kid. Ya want one of Geroniomo just before he surrendered, armed and all?
sounds good!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts