Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope didn't appear at all last night and this morning I could see that she hadn't even quietly checked in for a bite to eat.

I fed the dogs this morning (which ALWAYS brings her running in!) but not today. I just kept giving myself "the cats will be cats" lecture and as I was having my glass of milk... well well well! Who strolls in and hops up to her eating place!

"Hello, mommy. I'd like my treats now. I said NOW!" as she rubbed her pretty little face all around my hands.

Yep... lovely weather now, longer evening hunts? Or were those little hearts I saw fluttering in her dreamy blue eyes?

Thanks for all your good wishes. Powerful stuff, as always.

:)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Aww. She's probably napping away purring like a..... well, you know.

Shea and Flynn will get all the details from her, I'm sure. If they share them with you, will you share them with us??

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
That is great news!

I had a cat who lived until he was 19. He went missing at one stage for over a month. I put lost cat posters up in the village and heard nothing until one evening. A woman called me and said, I think I have your cat. Sure enough it was him, very skinny but he purred so loud when I held him! Turns out he had lost his way one day and ended up wandering the streets of the same area for weeks. Not sure what he had been eating but somehow he had survived.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Thank God she's home. When I was a kid I had a cat that wandered, and it was always so scary when he didn't come home at night.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh thank God, Nance!!!

Yoshi went missing once for 2 weeks, scared the crap out of me!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Oh my! I could never have an outdoor cat...I'd worry too much. But the adventure she must have had? What do you think her voice sounds like...when she tells the tale to the boys...do you think she has a little girl disney voice or is she all grown up now and sounds like meryl streep or something?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, you guys. You know what the ickiest part was? Not being able to cuddle her for our ritual 7:00 PM movie time. She ALWAYS comes bounding onto me and, after Flynn gives her a good nuzzle, I just hold her and stroke her until she falls asleep. You know how they do that contented falling asleep position with one front leg s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d way out in front of them? And little kneading toes? Then... zzzzzzzzz.

I really missed that last night.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
So, what's tonight's feature?

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
Catwoman?
Octopussy?
Cat Ballou?
Cat People?
Cat Women on the Moon?

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Sorry I missed this last night. OK, actually I'm not sorry or I'd have lost sleep (which is scarce enough at the moment given what I'm doing!).

I am, however, very, very glad to hear she's back safely. I hope that's enough adventuring for a good long while!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.