Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sherman is now 11 months old (tomorrow), and already in excess of 14 pounds. He's got the most outrageous tail ever. I finally got some decent pictures of him.

Looking dignified:

And not so much:

Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Awww, how beautiful! I wish I could have cats again, but Kodi proved this weekend that it would not be a good match...thank god she had a ecollar on!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I LOVE Maine **** cats! Where did you get him from? I had a Maine **** cat many years back, he was a traditional tabby color - wonderful cat - fetched like a dog, walked him down the street with a harness, etc. Unfortunately he died of FIP when he was only 2 years old - it was really sad.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
He is beautiful! And - I love the bench too.

I once worked with a woman who bred and showed Maine **** cats. She was quite nuts - but she had amazing cats.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I LOVE Maine **** cats! Where did you get him from? I had a Maine **** cat many years back, he was a traditional tabby color - wonderful cat - fetched like a dog, walked him down the street with a harness, etc. Unfortunately he died of FIP when he was only 2 years old - it was really sad.
Aww, I'm sorry, that is really sad. :(

We got him from a breeder in PA, just outside of Philly. He's my first non-rescue, non-"mutt" cat and I must admit I had some misgivings initially (it was DH who insisted that we HAD to get a Maine **** and that he HAD to be from a breeder with champions). Now I want another from her! He's awesome. He fetches, is incredibly personable and social, and he LOVES the dogs. All our cats (we've got 4) are indoor-only, so I don't know about the leash-and-harness thing but I bet he'd take to it if we gave him the chance.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He's gorgeous, Ursula!!! :)
When did you get back, by the way?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts