Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good grief, Champ is shedding so bad it's just insane. When he walks you can see the hair falling from him, it reminds me of Pigpen in the Peanuts comic with the dirt and dust cloud around him. :(

Buddy - not so much.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
:D:DYep that's going on here too! Don't you just love it. Each time I sweep I get enough hair for a complete lab. It would be black & yellow. hmmm maybe a new color of lab to sell along with the silvers.:eek::D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I can feel your pain, Sammi is blowing her coat big time!! UGH Love the description of Pigpen, it describes it perfectly!:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Hey if Jackie wants to send me a 1st class airfare & lot$ of $pending money, I'd be delighted to come & do it for her! :D
Hey were all having to cut back over here, havent you heard were in a recession- but I'm sure she would give you free room and board:D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zoom Groom & a good vacuum cleaner. :)
I've been doing both. Champ loves to be vacuumed, will just lay there and stretch out for me. But when I've gone over him until my back is breaking, it seems there is more loose hair than when I started, even though I've emptied the cup three times. The same thing with the Zoom Groom. I swear that dog should be naked with all the hair that comes off of him! :eek:

Buddy, on the other hand, is shedding, but not much more than usual. He gets patchy, and when I go over him good with the brush and get the patches and tufts out, there are no more clouds of hair.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
It's funny, during blowing coat season I notice more hair around the house (and in my tea! Grrr... what I would give for a tea sans dog hair... *sigh*) but I never notice more coming off him either normally or when I brush him. It's like he sheds in secret. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I remember some time back that somebody actually sold Lab Fur on Ebay and somebody actually placed a bid at $3.99 for 3 ounces of Yellow Lab fur.
I'm thinking $$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I make sure all the cabinets are closed and we don't leave dishes drying on the rack right now. The fur is unbefreakin'believable. And his is black so it shows up extra nasty. I hate how it sticks to the bottom of all the chair and table legs. Oh...and when they sit down to scratch and a small dog falls off them? *vomit*

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer was standing in front of the window yesterday, and shook. I was disgusted by the hair flying off of him. As bad as he sheds, my mom's 13-year old yellow lab is worse. He walked up to me yesterday, and I went to pet him, and my mom said, "Don't touch anything except his head and ears!" If you pet his back, he loses about 5 times the hair Bauer does. I don't know if it is because he is older, or what . . . but the amount of hair that dog is shedding is insane!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Jackie, awesome comparison to Pigpen! Cracked me up!!! :D

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
HA! Try six Labs and three horses! Now that is shedding. I'm spitting out hair like crazy. It was such a cold winter here that all the animals are carrying extra heavy coats.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good grief, Champ is shedding so bad it's just insane. When he walks you can see the hair falling from him, it reminds me of Pigpen in the Peanuts comic with the dirt and dust cloud around him. :(

Buddy - not so much.

Too funny. That is our chocolates nick name, Pigpen. Everyday when we come home, the entire area around his crate is covered with hair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since I switched to Natural Choice Nutro for Large Breeds my shedding has decreased amazingly. I have a soft coated Yellow Gal who shedded buckets of hair - now it is what I consider normal hair loss. I have been very impressed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.