Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little self regulator must be starving tonight and she doesn't want kibble.

I fed her before I went to the grocery store she had two chunks of both chicken and beef(from my lunch mixed grill) plus a left over pork chop on top of the kibble that is normally in her dish. Put her out back to do her after dinner business and ask Dad to listen for her and let her in.

As we went to Olive Garden for lunch we are all just snacking for supper. So Dad lets her in and she begs cheese and summer sausage from him while he is eating dinner he gives her "samples" of them plus he fixes her a couple scrambled eggs as he cannot find anything in the fridge for her supper. He goes to the restroom and mom comes out. Cinnamon sits in front of the fridge drooling while mom gets out left over French Toast Bake. So she feeds her some lunch meat turkey slices, a couple of pieces of cheddar cheese and a small bag of dog treats.

Well when I get home both Mom and Dad jump all over me for not feeding their baby. Neither of them realized the other one had fed her also.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What are her poops like eating all of that human food?, if mine get into anything or con my son into handing over his food, they usually end up with the diarrhoea.

Nice and firm. She is restricted to meat that is grilled or baked, cheese, eggs and left over veges. I chewed my dad's rear for giving her summer sausage. As mom has had a heart attack I rarely fry anything. Living in Phoenix AZ we can grill year round. That is how the vast majority of our meat is cooked. Even my scraps from lunch were just plain grilled meat.

That and she doesn't get that much. Most nights she gets 5 or 6 bites of meat plus left over veges if any. She is a self regulator and maintains her weight at between 69 and 71 pounds. That is why it is so unusual for her to con anyone into feeding her twice. There is always food in her dish.

She is totally not food protective. My BR's dog is here all the time and is also a self regulator. I have seen the two of them eat kibble out of the bowl at the same time with no guarding.

I do feed her a grain free all natural kibble. I have noticed they get diarrhea when they eat foods that have grains wether it be dog food or human food. The grilled meat and veges doesn't seem to bother them at all. Too many bones also upsets her stomach so she is limited to 1 every couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts