Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

One of our pro-bono clients is the local Shakespeare Festival. It came to my attention in staff meeting Monday that they will be auditioning DOGS this Saturday!

:p

I forwarded the info to our club.

We will be at a show on Saturday, but it is SO tempting to go to the auditions that morning.

One of my longest-held dreams is training dogs...but more specifically, what really fascinated me when I was younger was dog actors. I grew up with Lassie, Benji, The Shaggy DA, and while other kids were saying, "Wow, that dog is reallly smart!" I was thinking, "How did the trainer get that dog to do that?" ;)

I am just daydreaming about it right now. Not seriously considering doing it. But, if I WERE going to do it, I would take Simon.

Of course, it's not in Simon's favor that he is black and wouldn't show up well on stage. :-\ But I think of the two of them, Simon could be directed from a distance more easily than Angus. He will already do sits and downs for hand signals at a great distance. :angel: He speaks on command, leaps on command. He really has more marketable acting behaviors than Angus does. He is also much more predictable, and no stranger-danger.

;D

But that would be a lot of HEAVY, heavy distractions, and it seems a lot to ask of a dog so young and inexperienced. I would also worry about one of the actors stepping on his tail. :-[

What I think they really need is a Corgi. Seems appropriate for the time period, small enough to be agile and not take up a lot of room, but would still show up well from a distance.

Anyway! :p Doesn't that sound kinda fun?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dogs love Shakespeare. "Ah There's the rub!"

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Oh Connie, that does sound like so much fun.
You should go, even if just for the experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts