Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The doctor called at 3:15, he had just put her in recovery, and she was still out. The surgery went okay and he is 'cautiously optimistic,' but it will take up to a week to get the pathology report back. The spleen was so enlarged that it had started to split and he had to make a larger than usual incision to get it and the tumor out. He said everything else looked clean, but he took a sliver off the liver to be biopsied, too, just to make sure. He said the tumor looked like it may be just a hematoma, which is what we are praying for, but he could not be sure. I thank God that we got her in there when we did, or that split could have been fatal - she could have bled to death internally. We're to call back around 6:30, when they will have her awake and be trying to get her on her feet. I will try to post again after that.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts, and please keep them going until we get the lab results. Thank You, God for taking care of our little girl! :)

UPDATE:

Just spoke with the vet and we may be able to pick Shadow up in the morning! ;D He said she is recovering very well, nice pink gums and inner eye lids, sitting up in her cage, wagging her tail, watching them, and acting like she wants to go for a walk. He said they'll give her some green beans in another hour or so, and do an anemia check in the morning. If her levels are good, we can pick her up. WOOHOO!!!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Re: Shadow is out of surgery

Come on Shadow...you can pull through!

·
Registered
5,503 Posts

I'm so glad Shadow is out of the surgery. Praying for her speedy recovery and for good news on the biopsy.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Continued good thoughts and prayers for Shadow

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

So happy to hear she went through the surgery ok. Thank god they found it before it ruptured! Will be saying prayers for a good pathology report to come back on the tumor and liver.

Now she can EATagain! :) Well probably won't want to for a few days possibly.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

Oh my gosh! Sweetheart I am so sorry, but just now catching up on this. I've been mostly in O&E lately. :-\

I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well, and I'll say a prayer for a quick recovery. Update when you can! Sending you love.

·
Registered
242 Posts

I'm hoping and praying that the worst is over for your little girl, Shadow. I hope she feels much better soon!

Julie

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

Where have I been? I just read this. I'm so glad the surgery went well. I'll keep Shadow in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts

Poor girl. I'm so glad that the surgery went well. Lots and lots of good thoughts that she recovers quickly and that you get good news from the pathologist.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts

Jackie - so sorry I am just now reading this - please know prayers and good thoughts here for Shadow too!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

glad she pulled through surgery. Now I will think good thoughts about a positive diagnosis.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Speedy recovery, Shadow.

Good thoughts for good news ....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts