Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok dd went swimming last week w/o one ounce of sunscreen...WHY I have no freaking clue. She is fair skinned and I have lathered that kid up with sunscreen from the moment she was able to walk!!

Pic is of her swollen blister popping upper arm...OMG I have never seen such a sunburn!! AND this isn't the only area. Back, lower back, shoulders both arms....:eek:

I can't even begin to put into words how mad I was at her.:mad: If she doesn't learn from this there is no hope!!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
yeowww!
that looks *so* painful.

I wonder if she needs medical attention.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeowww!
that looks *so* painful.

I wonder if she needs medical attention.
Well this was taken yesterday 4 days after the burn. I called and they said to do pretty much what we have been doing. Tylenol for pain, cool compresses, cool showers, and STAY the heck out of the sun!!!!!! Let the blisters do their own thing and use gauze if needed for all that oozing.:confused:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Been there, done that, more times than I'd care to admit. Blistered shoulders, back, arms, chest, etc...

Did she ask why you were taking a picture of it? :D

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there, done that, more times than I'd care to admit. Blistered shoulders, back, arms, chest, etc...

Did she ask why you were taking a picture of it? :D
:D No she was the one that wanted me to take a pic of it so she could show her friends why she couldn't make it to the basketball game last night!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Worst pain ever after a sunburn? Shower.

oy.. never done anything remotely that bad to my skin.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG Kelli, I remember it like yesterday, trying to shower in Bermuda after I had sun poisoning. Holy crap I cried like a baby.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I have had some pretty bad sunburns with blisters, but I don't ever remember having the blisters ooze like that. She must be extremely uncomfortable . . . maybe she learned her lesson.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*flashback*

Florida when I was 4 or 5. Sun poisoning, blisters on shoulders, stopped at diner, waitress spilled hot coffee all over the front of me, blisters and all. :eek:

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
OUCH!

Maybe an aloe gel would help? That's what I use when I get too much sun... haven't had THAT much though. She must be sooooooo uncomfortable!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OUCH!

Maybe an aloe gel would help? That's what I use when I get too much sun... haven't had THAT much though. She must be sooooooo uncomfortable!
Yeah I bought that too, along with all the medicated sprays. She is VERY uncomfortable. All she keeps saying is "DONT TOUCH IT DONT TOUCH IT!!!!"

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
OMG one of us did that every summer growing up. We would head to the lake on Friday and come home on Sunday for a weekend full of swimming, water skiing and sun. We didn't know what sunscreen was. I can remember being so sick from sunburn. Once my sister had blister like that on her back and shoulders when the family cat, who liked to perch on the top of the fridge, jumped off onto her shoulders....lets just say she ended up in the doctor's office after that one! OUCH

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
OMG one of us did that every summer growing up. We would head to the lake on Friday and come home on Sunday for a weekend full of swimming, water skiing and sun. We didn't know what sunscreen was. I can remember being so sick from sunburn. Once my sister had blister like that on her back and shoulders when the family cat, who liked to perch on the top of the fridge, jumped off onto her shoulders....lets just say she ended up in the doctor's office after that one! OUCH
Who peeled her off the ceiling? YOW!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts