Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need advice. My husband and I are divorcing. We've had Thunder since he was 6 mos old and he is now 4. We have had Simba since she was 6 mos and she is now 1.5. They are totally devoted to each other and seem like they would be lost without the other. We each would like one to keep us company as we part our ways. It is possible for both of them to stay together if absolutely necessary, but I am wondering how they each would be without the other.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
They will adjust. Dogs are pretty resiliant.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I'm sorry this is happening. Splitting them will probably be harder on you than it will be on them. Is the divorce amicable enough that you can arrange for play dates etc?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry about your marriage, I'm currently separated with my wife.... what ever happens make sure u 2 have decided on the best scenario (who will be able to provide the best for Thunder and Simba) together or apart, Who will be in the best position for the care they will need, and the best environment (home). Don't let ego make your decisions for them. And please be realistic on who the better provider will be, at least for now. Ive read that alot of divorces end up with the dogs going to animal shelter's or rescue groups, so don't let your's become statistics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts