Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...deserves a throat-punch.

All of 'em.

And yes, I realize things could be worse.

But right now, I am boiling mad.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Hold back on that punching stuff. If its that bad, just esign and find another job. If you decide to throw that punch, you will be looking for another job anyway, and maybe get an all expense paid vacation for an indeterminite amount of time from your local law enforcement.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What happened? :boxing:
They finally lifted our salary increase freeze.

And I was just informed of my payout -- the amt that covers a slew of added duties I was given when they decimated our workforce back in March 2009 and shoved tasks off to those remaining.

Are you ready? The retro pay I'll receive, covering Oct 2007 to Oct 2010 (yes, I was given THAT lovely news, too, that there would be no OTHER increases until anniversary dates this year)...

...is a whopping...

...wait for it...

$198

For three freaking years of work.

And yes, I'll reiterate: Things could be a LOT worse. But still. This is insult to injury. Our home finances are stretched tight as a drum right now. We were *planning* on a decent raise to ease the strain.

gah

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt? are you sure you read it right? $198 for the whole term? thats insane. maybe its 198/week? or something. sometimes they word things to the dollar amount per pay period.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One-time payout.

$198

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Well you could be me and get NO raise at all! I get tired of everyone saying, well at least you have a job. True, but come on...they throw away so much on trash & trinkets, throw some of that to the employees!

Sorry, Dan, I know EXACTLY how you feel. :(

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
True. I did get raises.

For 2007, my salary increase amounts to 0.00008372% of my pay.
For 2008, my salary increase amounts to 0.00008371% of my pay.
For 2009, my salary increase amounts to 0.00008370% of my pay.

Am I keeping pace with inflation???

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
In this environment it is hard to expect a raise, much more likely you will get a pay cut. But really, sometimes corporations do not think before acting. Employee morale can be lifted by a decent raise or bonus. Conversely, morale can be destroyed by a meager or insultingly low raise or bonus. Morale wise would have probably been better to give nothing.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is some gobbledygook I'm being fed about my 2007 performance appraisal being late. Through no fault of my own. So the raise I SHOULD have gotten for 2006-2007 fell during the beginning of the freeze. So there's some configuration about the last pay period of the non-freeze timeframe vs. the first pay period of the post-freeze timeframe, which is then calculated along the GDP of Floozickstan viz. number of full moons on Jupiter, prorated for the number of hairs in the armpits of Roseanne Barr.

Anyway, it comes down to an increase for ONE pay period.

Of $198.

Not per hr. Not per pay. Not per month. Or even per year.

One. Time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.