Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty slow over there in "Senior Labs" and I'm starting to have quesitons, so I need all you with "seniors" to trundle over there are start posting :) Skippy is going to be 9 next month and is starting to have some "issues" related to old age and I'l like to pick your brains. First question - (besides my arthritis med one),

Skippy is starting to not want his breakfast. He is fine otherwise - weight stable, eats his supper fine. Not sure what is going on. Do any of your older labs start eating less?

·
Registered
869 Posts
My senior lab, Clarence is 12 and he occasionally skips a meal. He gets fed twice a day, so I'm not worried if he skips one meal. If he skips one, he ususally eats the next meal.:)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Reggie is 13 now and he is now having old age issues, but loss of appetite is not one of them. He still eats like a horse. Good Luck with Skippy.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Mitzi turned 9 in December. She wouldn't miss a meal for anything. She does well physically. Not on arthritis meds. Runs, swims, plays, but doesn't like rough play with the boys. Still troubled with allergy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bailey just turned 12, she is on Derramaxx (sp?) and gastri calm and I've seen her having a rough time getting up off the floor, cannot make it up on the beds any longer other than that she still eats like a cow ... good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts