Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weeks ago he was complaining about his wrist hurting. 2 weeks ago we where in the dr and she wanted to get xrays. Good news is theres no break. Bad news is he has severe ligament damage. She sent us to an orthopedic/sports dr. That dr said a splint for 2 weeks and if its no better or has gotten worse we have to talk about surgery. Hes been in a splint for the past 2 weeks and he still cringes in pain. I really hope its better. Today Im sure more xrays will be taken. Please say a good thought for him.

·
0 Posts
Re: Send good thoughts to Gray please

Sending good thoughts his way!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

Prayers and good thoughts that surgery is not necessary and Gray's wrist heals.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

some prayers for you all coming from ohio

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

Sending some good thoughts and prayers for Gray that his wrist is all better!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

You got it. What sport caused the damage?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

Good thoughts on the way for Gray. I hope they can do something to fix it.

My sister has a similar issue with her right wrist (luckily she's left handed) she had a ligiment that was stretched (I think) she wore a splint for a while but it didn't help. They did surgery and cut the pain/nerve receptors (something like that) to stop it from hurting sinice there wasn't anything they could with with the ligiment. It didn't really help either she still has problems with it if she uses it for any type of heavy lifting or holding something up that's heavier with the wrist. They said the only other thing they could do was fuse some bones in her wrist but it would limit her wrist mobility and she hasn't decided to do that yet.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No surgery is needed! Woohoo! They took 2 xrays and the right is the same as the left. Dr says he was just born with that ::) ::) Dr thinks it happened at baseball. He can wean himself off the splint but if it hurts then he needs to put it back on. Hes more excited that he can play football this year. It will be a long season, Ill be so worried. We have to go back again in 6 weeks. She wants to make sure hes ok before football starts up.
WOW Catherine, glad nothing like this on this end. Thats sad about your sister having to live that way forever.
Thank you all for your thoughts.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I'm so glad his is back to normal I hope it stays that way and he can play football and any other sport he likes.

Luckily my sister isn't real active but she did play baritone in band and that's when it gave her the most problems that thing is heavy. During marching season it really killed her. Other than that she has learned to not use it as much and luckily she's left handed so it's not her main hand. She gets picked on though because the scars from surgery look like she tried to cut her wrists ::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts