Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I thought I had seen it all. Went to my SIL's for Christmas Eve. My niece was there with her new puppy, 5 months old. She was telling everyone about this new dog that this woman breeds. :eek: It is a JackaPoo. A cross between a Jack Russell & a poddle. Anyway, this woman breeds :confused: dogs that are hypoallergenic & do not shed. :rolleyes:
I had three glasses of wine & I could barely contain myself but I did. I can't believe my niece & her husband actually paid a pretty penny for this dog. Now she was cute but obviously she is a mutt. My niece is a teacher, not a stupid girl, but when it comes to this kind of stuff....she is clueless. The dog obviously will have a great life but I can't believe there are people out there who intentionally breeed dogs & sell them for high prices to people who want a non-shedding dog.
I just smiled & kept my mouth shut because this niece also rescued a pitt bull from a shelter about 4 years ago & she is the sweetest thing & now has a good home.
There is always some good things for SU & I to talk about when we leave the in-laws. :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
This designer dog craze has gotten out of hand. In Fargo and Grand Forks, ND there is a pet shop in each town, owned by the same people, and all they sell are these types of mutts, at outrageous prices, it's crazy! Cavachons, bugs, puggles, etc. etc.
It's beyond me!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
So sad. At least this little girl will have a good home. Congratulations on keeping your mouth shut.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I imagine that a cross between a poodle (probably a toy) and a JR could be a very difficult little dog. Good luck to your neice! And congrats on biting your tongue.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow Georgie good for you for keeping quite! I didn't do so well the year my SIL brought up her thought about " Pet Stores" being the best place to buy puppies:eek: She was completely serious, didn't realize that most get the pup's from puppy mills! Sometimes its just easier to work:D

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
That combination sounds very interesting, I imagine it will be VERY high strung. At least it will have a good home, a good life and lots of love. Just what every dog on this planet deserves. Merry Christmas. (congrats on biting your tongue, not sure I could have done that without piercing it lol)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was Christmas Eve, I had to behave. I love all dogs so to me they all are cute but to be perfectly honest....the dog was not a nice looking dog. She had very sweet eyes but her coat was really funky looking. They said she was very active.:rolleyes: I bet!! But she had on a little pink coat & a pink rhinsestone collar. I know you all get the picture. :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think it's a sad commentary on our society. The prices they ask for designer mutts is unbelievable.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jebsmama - what is unbelievable to me is not only that people call themselves "breeders" and charge outrageous prices for the "mixed breeds", but that there are people out there willing to pay those prices. I think they really think they are getting some "rare" dog.
I bet they might even find a "jack-a-poo" in a shelter that no one "so carefully" bred. :mad:

Wasn't it PT Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute."

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I think most people are clueless when it comes to dog breeds. My SIL has a "Cavapoo", and when she told me I said, "A what?" Her: "A Cavapoo, half Cavalier half Poodle." Me: "So . . . a mutt?" Her: "No, a Cavapoo." Me: "A mutt?"

I don't have a problem with mutts, but when people give them a new "breed" name and sell them for high prices it makes me crazy. On another note, it also makes me crazy when people have little, tiny dogs and leave them out during a party. I spent Christmas Eve afraid that someone was going to step on my aunt's Chihuahuas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts