Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next month 4 of us will be flying from New Hampshire to Dallas to see BonJovi for a "girls weekend". None of us have ever been to Dallas. We will fly in on a Friday early afternoon and leave Monday. The concert is Saturday night.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other fun things to do? We want to leave Dallas feeling like we've seen a little more of the area than just the concert.

Suggestions?

Sue

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
It depends on what you like. The Arts District is pretty cool and there are a lot of things to do (and good restaurants to eat at). If the Mavericks play, you can watch an NBA game if that's your thing. The Dallas Zoo should have its new $30 million "Giants of the Savanna" elephant exhibit open. I'm not much on zoos, but they've been pimping that on the news a lot lately - apparently it's supposed to be pretty neat. Ft. Worth is only an easy 30 minute (assuming no wrecks and you don't do it during rush hour) drive west on I-30 and the Ft. Worth Stockyards is pretty neat. If you like looking at plants (I don't, but when my parents visited they enjoyed it) there's the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden. If you like history, there's the Sixth Floor Museum.

I'm sure there's a lot more that a) I don't know about and b) can't think of right now. Maybe Shanna or someone else that's lived here a lot longer than I have will chime in. I'm sure the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau will have some ideas, too. Dallas Events, Hotels, Meetings, Shopping, Dining, and More! - VisitDallas.com

Oh yeah, if you like NASCAR, there will be a race at Texas Motor Speedway which is just north of Ft. Worth.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks! This gives me a bunch of stuff to start looking into.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
All I remember about Dallas is 6 Flags Over Texas and Sonny Bryans BBQ...then again I was in 6th grade when we went there for a weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts