Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lil boy Dallas is a 5 1/2 year old choc lab. I have noticed in the last couple of days small drops of blood where he was sitting. Is this something I should be concerned about. My wife says it might be hemi's although we see no straining. He also has a foul poop like smell coming from his mouth. He is not the kind of dogs that eats poop, he is strictly the run outside, do my stuff and run back in. He has been a very healthy pure breed lab, had surgery last year for a fatty cyst and has another one developing but no major jhealth issues. Love my boy and would appreciate any advise or suggestions

·
Registered
852 Posts
The possible rectal bleeding along with foul smelling breath warrants a trip to the vet and IMO the very good possibility of a full blood panel to rule things out.

The foul breath can also be digestive problems but to me its a bit more of a concern combined with the bleeding.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I think I'd take him to the vet too. Has he been scooting his butt on the ground or anything? The anal glands can rupture I think and bleed but that would small really bad.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
bacatherine said:
I think I'd take him to the vet too. Has he been scooting his butt on the ground or anything? The anal glands can rupture I think and bleed but that would small really bad.
That's what I thought.
Olie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts