Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let you all know I'll be away for about 2 weeks. Jason is gone until Monday, so we're going over to my parent's house today. Jake's family birthday party is Saturday over their house (shame Jason has to miss it again). Brandon has a couple of pre-surgery appointments next week for a physical, bloodwork, hospital precertification - all that fun stuff. Then, his surgery is Thursday...so not looking forward to it. I'm going to be nervous the whole morning, teary the 2 hours he's in there I imagine, and VERY relieved when I can see him. :) Friday is Mr. Jakob's 6th birthday. He's growing up wayyyy too fast on me. We may come home on Saturday - not sure yet. Depends on Brandon. We may stay until Tuesday or so when the worst is supposed to be over since the doctor said 3-5 days. He's a tough little boy but the paperwork said that if he has complications, he has to go to the hospital there, and it's a hour drive from our house and only 15 mins from my parents.

He's also been coughing today, so could you please send him some "don't get sick" vibes? The next available surgery date is the end of July, and we definitely don't want to wait that long! I can't even give him anything but tylenol right now because he can't have blood thinning meds one week prior to the surgery.

Ahh and to think, we were supposed to be in Disney World next week but we had to cancel with the base because of the surgery dates. That would have been so much better for Brandon! lol Oh well, maybe we can make the spring break trip with them in March.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers to Brandon.
And try to not be too nervous and have a nice vacation with your parents.

Happy 6th Birthday to Jacob!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
We'll be thinking of you and Brandon!

Happy Birthday Jake!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts