Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are pleased to report that Knickers whelped 9 puppies on 1/28. Six females and 3 males, both yellows and blacks. All went well. If the host home ever sends photos I will forward them on to you. They should arrive at Leader Dog around 3/11/09 at 6 wks of age. If you would like to see them you can call a week or so before 3/11 and we can make arrangements for you to see them.

Woohoo! Good boy Shamie.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
"They should arrive at Leader Dog around 3/11/09 at 6 wks of age"

Separated at 6 wks??? Why so early? I thought 7-8 wks before they should be separated from mom?

Congrats!!! I bet they are gorgeous like his daddy! Can't wait for pictures!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most puppies are separated from their mother at 5-6 weeks as they are weaned. They shouldn't be separated from EACH OTHER until 7-8 weeks which they are not.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
labby said:
Most puppies are separated from their mother at 5-6 weeks as they are weaned. They shouldn't be separated from EACH OTHER until 7-8 weeks which they are not.

ahhhhh...thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good job, Seamus!! :-*

So. How many kids total does he have now? Any idea? :D

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thunders Mom said:
labby said:

ahhhhh...thanks for the clarification!

NP. :happy:

jzgrlduff said:
Good job, Seamus!! :-*

So. How many kids total does he have now? Any idea? :D

I'm sure I have it in my records, but not close by.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I'm going to add raise leader dog to my bucket list.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Congratulations.

You must be very proud of your boy. WTG Seamus.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kal3idoscope said:
Way to go Seamus! :D

Are they at the Leader Dog place in Rochester?
No. They are being raised in a home by the people who have Knickers. She's part of the LD breeding program, but she lives with a family who agreed to raise her litters and donate the puppies back when they're 6 weeks old.

Once the babies are 6 weeks, they'll go to LD and then get fostered out to puppy raisers for a year.

I am very proud Linda. He's got one of the best records at LD in terms of health and ratio of dogs serving.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I am very proud Linda. He's got one of the best records at LD in terms of health and ratio of dogs serving.
:D :D

I love that boy of yours.
He gives good face, and good butt too. :laugh:

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
labby said:
zoesmom said:
He gives good face, and good butt too. :laugh:
One of my favorite pictures of him

:laugh: nice butt action going there

I seem to recall a recent one with him running in the snow....his face was not visible. I loved that one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts