Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been following the slaughter of the baby seals in Canada? Is awful and makes me sick to my stomach. I sent e-mails to many in authority in Canada and I refuse to buy seafood from Canada. I hope and pray that somehow , someday this will stop.They just sit there with their sweet little faces looking up at the club that will kill them. Just feel so helpless cause ther isn't anything we can do right now. i get these updates from Humane Society. I wonder how those men sleep that do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
susieqpa said:
Has anyone been following the slaughter of the baby seals in Canada? Is awful and makes me sick to my stomach. I sent e-mails to many in authority in Canada and I refuse to buy seafood from Canada. I hope and pray that somehow , someday this will stop.They just sit there with their sweet little faces looking up at the club that will kill them. Just feel so helpless cause ther isn't anything we can do right now. i get these updates from Humane Society. I wonder how those men sleep that do that?
I'm afraid it's not news. It's a way of life for many in the north. They sleep knowing they are putting food on their family's table. There are two sides to everything. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO I'm afraid that is not correct. The reason they club them is because they use their fur for coats . Not using for food
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,788 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
susieqpa said:
Has anyone been following the slaughter of the baby seals in Canada? Is awful and makes me sick to my stomach. I sent e-mails to many in authority in Canada and I refuse to buy seafood from Canada. I hope and pray that somehow , someday this will stop.They just sit there with their sweet little faces looking up at the club that will kill them. Just feel so helpless cause ther isn't anything we can do right now. i get these updates from Humane Society. I wonder how those men sleep that do that?
I'm afraid it's not news. It's a way of life for many in the north. They sleep knowing they are putting food on their family's table. There are two sides to everything. :)
Exactly. Most people outside of Canada are not aware of the native people of Canada and their plight. I know I wasn't aware of it until I moved here.

I don't see it any different than hunting deer or bear.. or any animal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
Oh boy, wasn't there a big drama thread about this last year around this time? :police:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
susieqpa said:
NO I'm afraid that is not correct. The reason they club them is because they use their fur for coats . Not using for food
They get PAID which puts food on their family's tables. They don't hunt them for free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,223 Posts
The fur coats are the added benifit/income the food aspect is first priority - the newspapers don't write it that way as the story is just not as sexy then - always read things like this with a grain of salt - there are definitly two sides to every story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,788 Posts
susieqpa said:
NO I'm afraid that is not correct. The reason they club them is because they use their fur for coats . Not using for food
Of course main stream media is always right and never bias.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
Aim said:
eastcoastmom said:
susieqpa said:
Has anyone been following the slaughter of the baby seals in Canada? Is awful and makes me sick to my stomach. I sent e-mails to many in authority in Canada and I refuse to buy seafood from Canada. I hope and pray that somehow , someday this will stop.They just sit there with their sweet little faces looking up at the club that will kill them. Just feel so helpless cause ther isn't anything we can do right now. i get these updates from Humane Society. I wonder how those men sleep that do that?
I'm afraid it's not news. It's a way of life for many in the north. They sleep knowing they are putting food on their family's table. There are two sides to everything. :)
Exactly. Most people outside of Canada are not aware of the native people of Canada and their plight. I know I wasn't aware of it until I moved here.

I don't see it any different than hunting deer or bear.. or any animal.
It is no different. I understand how upsetting the images are, buy I'd like people to do their research, find out the "why's" before they pass judgement.
 
G

·
yep there was a thread about this last year and the year before that....., that's another reason for me to stay out of this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gee, well isn't that a great way to make a living? Clubbing baby seals. Still don't know how they sleep. Killing deer is one thing, they use guns. These seals sometimes aren'tr even dead when they skin them. Nice huh? How can anyone approve of this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,925 Posts
It's so awful, horrible..I just have no words for it. Poor baby seals. -And poor moms. :'(

susieqpa said:
NO I'm afraid that is not correct. The reason they club them is because they use their fur for coats . Not using for food
That's right. And that's cruel and inhuman. No one should wear seal coat, it's only beautiful on the seal. The human is born without fur, and shouldn't wear any other animals fur. :mad:

And I can't believe some people do anything for money. I would rather be without money than kill a baby seal, (or any other animal).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
susieqpa said:
Gee, well isn't that a great way to make a living? Clubbing baby seals. Still don't know how they sleep. Killing deer is one thing, they use guns. These seals sometimes aren'tr even dead when they skin them. Nice huh? How can anyone approve of this?
You should do your research before you get all keyed up. Real research, not media anti-seal hunt propaganda. You'll see WHY the seal hunt has been a way of life fora very, very long time. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is research going to explain to me why they club ythem? Have you seen pictures of it? Have you done your research. I don't need to do research to know if something is cruel or not. For WHATEVER reason. Sorry. This does up set me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
Emma the Lab said:
It's so awful, horrible..I just have no words for it. Poor baby seals. -And poor moms. :'(

susieqpa said:
NO I'm afraid that is not correct. The reason they club them is because they use their fur for coats . Not using for food
That's right. And that's cruel and inhuman. No one should wear seal coat, it's only beautiful on the seal. The human is born without fur, and shouldn't wear any other animals fur. :mad:

And I can't believe some people do anything for money. I would rather be without money than kill a baby seal, (or any other animal).
One thing to keep in mind, the hunters don't "do anything for money", for many of them, it is all they can do, where they live & with their limitations. It's not like they left their job on Wall street in favor of seal hunting. This is their way of life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,781 Posts
I love reading the rant of the ignorant..
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top