Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the beginning of the end of a very long road for her.

She has been living with a BF who does nothing except sponge off her. She even funds his prescription drug addiction.

They lived with us for awhile because of a fight between the BF and his brother. He stole money from us and went back to the grandmother's house when he was caught. She went with him because "it is too hard to be without him".

She is down to 92.5 pounds because she can't be bothered to eat. If you put a meal in front of her she eats, otherwise she doesn't. While she was with us she got up to 102 pounds. She won't go to the doctor's because she figures he will put her in the hospital.

She is now living with her mother who has threatened to bring her to the local psych hospital.

Being fired is the best thing that has happened to her in a long time.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't understand this until you tell me what SD means? I thought it was your daughter until you said she went back to live with her mother.

OH, Step Daughter? :eek:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OK, you lost me.

Where is her father and what is he saying to her?! Father's have a huge influence on their daughters, no matter what the age.

Being fired is the best thing that has happened to her in a long time.
Why?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sounds to me like the BF isn't the only one with a drug problem........
Thank you for saying that, I thought of it after I posted. That's exactly what it sounds like, I hate to say. How old is she anyway?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
How sad. Unfortunately what to some might be seen as a wake-up call can be seen by others as further evidence of their inadequacies. I'd be watching her for suicidal thoughts, were it my daughter.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dad is right there telling her everything the mother tells her but she only listens to the mother. Though she won't admit it, she has issues over her parents divorce. Abandonment, I suppose. Every man she dates is her life, she lives for them and only them.

She is 30. I have not seen any evidence of drug use on her but I don't see her a lot. She hates to take pills of any kind, even vitamins, she hates to take birth control, so maybe she wouldn't go his route.

As Dan said, a honking-big wake-up call. This is forcing her to take stock of her situation and do something for herself. Mom will keep an eye on her, her words to Jessica two days ago were - I don't want to watch my daughter die. She does not confide in me, she talks to me because I married her father. Her mother is the authority on everything.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Though she won't admit it, she has issues over her parents divorce. Abandonment, I suppose. Every man she dates is her life, she lives for them and only them.
That's sad. :(

Well I hope she gets the help she needs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts