Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept waiting for one of the commentators to, well, comment on that, and no one ever did!

What in the world? Was that allowable? I was expecting the dog to get the boot and them to bring out the runner-up! :scared:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
It's not obedience and sometimes they do go. I missed it, what did it do? Poop or pee? Sometimes the dogs pick up the nerves of everyone around them and end up pooping. IMO though, and it's just MO, there is no excuse for pooping in the ring. That's what matches are for.

Now having said that, my next show one of my dogs is going to poop in the ring. LOL

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She wee-wee'd. I was just surprised, because having only done obedience (and you know the rules there), I had no idea it would not be a disqualification! It was when they brought her into the ring for BIS. She didn't go until she got back to her podium, so I thought maybe that was why it was OK...because she wasn't technically "in" the ring at that time. Anyway - thank you for answering my question! Very interesting - learned something new today!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
ah the match trick.. i haven't heard that in awhile. =)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Harder to get a dog to pee than poop when you're on the road. I'm always afraid Quinn is going to pee since it's hard to get her to go away from home sometimes. Of course, she's young too.

Plus you can't take the dog out to pee at a benched show. My girls would die and cross their legs before they'd ever go in one of those nasty ex-pens. Boys are easier. They go anywhere. LOL

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
kelli said:
ah the match trick.. i haven't heard that in awhile. =)
I met friends in a bar a couple of weeks ago. The bar had jars full of paper matches. I took about 10 of them. LOL Hard to find matches anymore. Everyone uses a lighter.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
labby said:
Now having said that, my next show one of my dogs is going to poop in the ring. LOL
heehee... I predict Quinn next weekend. Now that I've said *that*, it'll be Ollie taking a dump on the down and back. LOL!!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK...I am probably going to be sorry I asked, but: What's up with the matches? How does this work?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
when Hoss sees me coming at him to lift his tail he clamps down and wants nothing to do with it!!!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
labby said:
Bite your tongue Felicia!
:laugh: It's better than him peeing on the judge, no? At least poop is easier to clean up. lol.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
AngusFangus said:
I kept waiting for one of the commentators to, well, comment on that, and no one ever did!

What in the world? Was that allowable? I was expecting the dog to get the boot and them to bring out the runner-up! :scared:
I sort of missed that- looked away from the tv, and when I looked back she was just "finishing". I, too, was expecting David Frei to say something. Who remembers a few years ago when the GSP had a bout of the runs when she entered the ring?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
luvmydogz2much said:
I've never really understood the match thing, why not just walk the dog?
Some of my dogs get very anal retentive when at shows. When I first showed Belle in agility, I walked her for literally 2 1/2 hours before going into the ring. Nope nothing. As soon as she hit the weave poles, she pooped. If any of them have not pooped that day by the time I leave the hotel, or are within a 1/2 hour of going into the ring (performance ring especially), they get matched.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts