Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to move. yadda yadda yadda yadda... I have a headache.

School attendance. Can't excuse for yesterday because she didn't go to the doctor yesterday... she went this morning. Well, I couldn't get her into the neurologist yesterday... it had to be early this morning.

She is having headaches, vomiting and dizziness. She left school yesterday morn, before attendance was taken, because she vomited in gym. Will they excuse yesterday? NO! They will excuse today... even though she is now at school.

Okay... I am done fussing. Someone fix my head now before it explodes.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Is there a bunch of monkeys working in the office?

G

·
They won't excuse it even if the doc writes a note explaining that you couldn't get in yesterday?

I don't get people sometimes. What a PITA

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Is she ok?

That is really stupid of the school.
I think I'd change the date on the doctors excuse and take it back and tell them where they can "file it".

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
You have to have a doctors note for them to excuse the absence?

Asinine! If I call in and say my kid isn't going to be there, then that is enough. Bloody hell. I'd be annoyed too.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Shanna, which daughter is sick? :(

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Sorry your DD is sick and you have a headache!

Why isn't a note from the parent enough to excuse her for the day?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Don't forget,you're the taxpayer,they work for you! (or get another excuse from the doc and avoid the stress)

G

·
Shanna had streph last I remember. Hope you get over that soon.... And I hope the daughter is feeling better too.

At our school, and unexcused absence means that they can't make up any work or tests missed during the absence.

But a note from a parent is sufficient here too.

I agree, there must be monkeys on the school board. Remember, it is most likely the board that makes the rules, not the ladies in the office or even the principal.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
OMG! That's ridiculous especially for something as serious as this. I hope you figure out what is going on. Your daughter's health is more important than the stupid school.

Unfortunatley I've been in a similiar situation too.

When my son first became sick with Crohn's (we didn't know it was Crohns at the time) he was very sick, lost lots of weight, didn't have energy to get from the bedroom to the bathroom (we carried him), no way he could go to high school, dr couldn't figure out what was wrong thought it might be luekemia at the time. The dr sent a note to the school that my son would be out indefinitely. After a week, the school wrote me a letter telling me they would report us to the truancy court because of the excess absences. :mad: I wrote them back and told them all further communication should be routed thru my lawyers office. That shut them up pretty quickly. ;D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Wow. . . here, if a parent calls a student in, BOOM, it is excused. Even if the parent calls them in because they are going Prom dress shopping, to a concert, or whatever. "Parent Request". Of course, if the parent say's they're ill, then it is marked as sick.

I can't believe that they are giving you a hard time when she missed due to a medical reason, whether she saw a doc or not. :( Dumbasses.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Inexcusably dumb. Sounds like someone didn't understand school policy up in the Admin office, I've never heard of such a thing.
I hope she's feeling better soon, poor dear!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was Maddy, possibly migraines.

I think my blood pressure went whacko causing an instant headache. It's usually 100/70.

I am usually a very calm person. Mess with my brother, sister or my kids... and you will see a side of me you wished you have never tapped into.

I didn't go off on the gal in the office... I quickly figured it would not help my cause if I need to go in front of the school board. I will save my ammo for them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts