Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know as a nurse I'm pretty much going to see everthing in the book but this was unexpected. We had a gas leak that was off the charts before being detected. Staff noticed the smell on their lunch break. Called the fire dept got prepared to evacuate the floors.
The equipment went to the highest reading when the FD scanned the area of concern. New plan do not evacuate too dangerous nobody in/out on/off the building and floors. We remained calm and ultimately safe but my heart was in my throat. As an odd twist of fate my childhood best friend came in to bring me coffee at the time. At least we had each to be scared with.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That's scary. I feel for you. We had to evacuate our Elementary school for the same reason during the Winter.
It's scary when you have others to try to get out that you are responsible for.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
OMG... :eek: I that WOULD have been scary. Interesting, but makes sense, that no one could come or go.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Gas leaks can be very scary.

As an aside that is a bit funny, several years ago they evacuated a local elememtry school one day because someone smelled gas, turn out cooked cabbage was on the menu that day. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts