Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the retrieve sessions have been tailored to include him, in his special way, I found another way to let him know he is still mighty important around here.

A couple of months ago I banished ALL the dogs from my bedroom while I get dressed in the morning. Flynn would lick me to death, Seamus would scuffle with him over that, the beagles wanted their licks, too, and it was just too much. As a result, ALL DOGS OUT. Door closed. And they were fine with that! Curious, hm?

But a couple of weeks ago little Scampy scuddered in before I shut the door. He wiggled and waggled a little bit for me, then just laid down and watched while I got myself together. So now when it's time I say "Come on, Scampy. Let's go get dressed." He zips into the room, none of the other dogs try to enter. He lays down by the dresser and we carry on.

Of course, he gets more than a few "fine little man" scruffles from me and he thinks this is the greatest thing. Well, I think it's pretty doggone special, too.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Perfect! Now the little man has his own special time with Mom, and he's not feeling so left out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts