Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from a "friend" that I do know saying they were sorry they had not informed me they had to go to England on a business trip blah blah send me some money and I'll repay you.
In my OLD email account I coud look up and see (usually) who else received this message. Can't with this account. Any suggestions?
It really late here or I would call the guy up. I know he's in bed already though.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I would ask them to call me or call them and verify that they are who they are or something. Otherwise I would treat it as a scam email sent from your friends email and not send anything.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Well, it's too late now, but I would have called him if you thought it possibly came from him. But if I was a friend asking someone else for money because I was "going to England" and I would pay them back later, I would call them at least and not send an e-mail. Scam!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it was a scam. I just wish there were some place to report it to so it could be investigated right away and the jerks could be thwarted in their efforts to keep scamming.
I'm not so sure this is limited to facebook??
I am on facebook, but my friend is not.
Hmmmmmmm
Oh well, thanks for your input you all.
I did call him early this morning though to let him know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.