Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a question about salad dressings? I'm a little confused as to whether we're allowed to have the store bought stuff. It says you can if it's 3gm of sugar or less, but not to eat stuff with added sugar, so look at the ingredient list. We always use fat free Italian. It has 3gms of sugar, but in the ingredients, it also has sugar listed. So can we eat it or not? I am going to make my own when I get a chance, so this won't be so much of an issue, but in the meantime can we use this?

It also says in one of the recipes that you can have 1tb. of steak sauce. But there is sugar or corn syrup listed in the ingredients. I'm confused.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
You're never going to completely remove sugars -- natural or otherwise -- from your diet, and SB doesn't really excect you to (as far as I remember). You can, however, cut down. If the salad dressing is a must, then go ahead and enjoy it, but cut down on something else (no sugar in your coffee that night or something similar). As for the steak sauce, try a good rub of herbs/spices instead.

You can always off-set carbs with fiber. The salad itself would probably cancel-out the 3g of sugar in the dressing. The steak sauce would probably be okay if your meal included a high-fiber addition like a serving of wheat-based pasta with a dash of olive oil.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan! We're just starting so we're not allowed the pasta yet. We are loading up on veggies and protein, though. I'm going to make the salad dressing recipes that are in the book, but I haven't got a chance to yet. I'm actually loving this, it makes me feel good in the grocery store!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.