Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her leg isn't right. I am noticing more it giving way and she stumbles, so she is spending the day at the vets on Tuesday. The ortho vet will be back and another from the vet teaching hospital is coming down to see what they can do. My surgeon has tried to contact the N.Z. surgeon who pioneered the procedure to see what he advises.

She is booked in for surgery to have wires put in the leg as they think this is the only to help it, but will all look at her and see what information they can find out over the weekend before they make the decision. They love my Ma Brown and trying their best to do what is best for her so can't ask for more.

It seems it is the surgery that can do it not the fall. No point blaming anyone as it doesn't help her leg.I just hope agreeing to the surgery is the right thing. I thought the longer it is left the longer it is before she can do the things she loves, harder to do surgery later, and more risk of her doing the other one. Hearing her cry because she needs her run at the park or hike is heart breaking.
Being on pred isn't ideal with more risk to the bone putting the wire in, and her skin is doing so well any upset will set her off again.

My poor girl has been through so much.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I hope they find a solution that will work for Tess soon.
Hugs to you Chris and to your sweet girl!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I hope whatever they decide works and Ms. Tessa heals quickly so that she can get back to the things she loves.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Chris (((hugs))).

I really hope that they can find something out and come up with a plan to help your wonderful girl. Is her leg collapsing on all types of surfaces or only on slippery surfaces? Lots of good thoughts.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I am so sorry, Chris. Prayers and good thoughts for your sweet chocolate girl, that they are able to find the perfect solution so she can run and play again!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am so sorry your baby is going through this. I am sending healing thoughts your way.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris (((hugs))).

Is her leg collapsing on all types of surfaces or only on slippery surfaces? Lots of good thoughts.
Her leg is fine if she keeps it straight on any surface. If she wags her tails hard as she does and moves the leg sides ways, or turns corners it is unstable and she loses balance. When I walk her I walk her close to a wall to keep her straight. Most of the time she is still crated and this isn't good mentally or physically for her.
The wire will hold stop that side ways movement.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
oh, that poor baby girl, she has been through so much. I hope they can find a solution for her Chris.

Kudos to you Chris, you have been and continue to be, a great mum to Tess (and Ern's!). I still remember the pics of her when you first got her. You have transformed her, if there is such a thing as re-incarnation, i want to come back as one of your dogs :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Oh Chris, I hope this gets her back to normal. Tess has been through so much. You have been wonderfiul with her.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Good thoughts for Tessa!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Oh Chris, this has been such a long haul for you both and no real end in sight :( I hope the wire does the trick. You and Tess are in my thoughts.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Hi Chris,

Have you tried laying your hands over Tessa's leg and pray for healing? Say, "Father, in Jesus' name, please heal Tessa and she doesn't require surgery. Amen."
When was Tessa born (i.e. year)? Could you place Tessa's and Ern's beds facing Northeast?

Please remove the grey and white stripes carpet.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts