Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 6:30AM and I'm getting ready for work. I go to open the blinds in the spare bedroom and just happen to notice somebody up on the neighbors roof! I assume it was one of them, looking at the chimney. They have a woodburner and there was tons of smoke coming out the chimney and I have no clue what they were doing, but maybe having chimney trouble? This isn't the first time they almost burned the house down!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Maybe they locked themselves out, and were looking for a way back in . . .

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Flat roof? Maybe shovelling snow off to lessen the weight?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, it's not a flat roof, he was definately fiddling with the chimney. That's where I saw him, around the chimney, then all this smoke started pouring out. I'm thinking it might have been blocked or something.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
No, it's not a flat roof, he was definately fiddling with the chimney. That's where I saw him, around the chimney, then all this smoke started pouring out. I'm thinking it might have been blocked or something.
That is SCARY! Glad they got it unblocked, but don't they have a "thingy" that protects it from getting blocked? I don't know what's called, but we have a thing on top of ours that prevents animals and debris from going in.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Sending smoke signals: Enough with the Friggin Snow!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is SCARY! Glad they got it unblocked, but don't they have a "thingy" that protects it from getting blocked? I don't know what's called, but we have a thing on top of ours that prevents animals and debris from going in.
Yes, they do have a cover, I think that' s what he was messing with. It is scary, I'd hate to see anything bad happen. We are very careful with our woodburner. It is in a separate block room in the basement with it's own separate chimney and hubby cleans it all the time. We even got a discount on our homeowner's insurance because of the way it's set up. Not your typical wood burner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts