Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!!! I have hundreds of pictures on my computer right now that I want to be able to save on a cd, so that if I have a computer malfunction they are not lost.
Can someone please explain in simple layman terms how to go about doing it please?????

I also need to know if I can then take this cd to a place and plug it into one of those photo machines and get copies that way??

thanks for any help given

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am not computer savy at all but when I open my pictures there is an icon that allows you to burn them to a CD. I print them on my printer. I just get that photo paper. I use Windows XP.

When I clicl on to "My Pictures" in the left hand upper corner is a box & there is a place that says "save to CD.

I hope that helped. I can do it but it is hard for me to explain it. Sorry. ::)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
If you are running Windows XP, it is very user friendly. Just putting in the blank CD should send a prompt to the screen about saving pics. You can drag and drop or just select all, then copy to the CD.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
An alternative to CD would be a flash drive. I use CDs for backup (but they can corrupt) and now I'm thinking about a flash strictly for picture storage. You can get flashes with a lot of storage now for about $20.00. (Flash drives are those iddy biddy things that look like mini-bic lighters and plug into a USB port.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts