Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I purchased Sand Blast it was $26.00 for a bucket that would last me one week (enough to treat one horse).

My blacksmith told me to go to Walmart and buy Walmart's brand of Metamucil. I did... $6.25. Fed 1/3 cup to both horses twice a day for four days.

What a difference in cost!

I've been told not to get the "orange" flavor as horses don't tend to eat it, but the regular stuff, my horses ate it down just fine.

Just one more way to save some $$$ around the barn.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I tried the SandClear on my gelding and he was like WTF is THIS? He would NOT eat his grain- at all. This is Mr Chow Hound.

But I have to agree- it smelled AWFUL.

Lucy

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I've been told not to get the "orange" flavor as horses don't tend to eat it, but the regular stuff, my horses ate it down just fine.
That's so funny because the *only* brand of electrolytes Paul won't turn his nose up at is StressDex, which smells (and tastes) like Orange Tang.

Glad you were able to find a cheaper version of the sandblast!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I asked my niece what site she uses. She said Schneiders is a good site for tack and such.
Unfortunately I heard Schneiders closed up... they had WONDERFUL things!

I spent HOURS thumbing through their catalog. They even carried Mini stuff!

Lucy

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking Schneiders in Cleveland OH? I used to go there all the time when I lived up there. Had a beautiful pair of custom-made chaps done by them.

I hope they didn't close.

Thanks for the money saving tips Labby.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i use Mr.Dees in streetsboro OH. they have an online store. i placed an order for fly spray yesterday and got the package fedex today. they are cheaper then a lot of other places in the area.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
have you been to mr. dee's? since my husband works up there and we live an hour west, i haven't gotten to the actually store yet. when he comes home, the last thing he wants to do is drive back by his workplace on the weekend. LOL. we're actually looking for houses in medina.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts