Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having grilled corn on the cob still in the husk (mine are brushed with lite mayo and sprinkled with parmesan, Bill is a purist), pork filets wrapped in bacon and grilled (mine is injected with roasted garlic marinade, Bill's is plain), and caprese salad with lovely fresh basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella. I can't wait to eat! :p

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
shrimp in a garlic alfredo sauce over bowtie pasta.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have some haddock and salmon, but I don't feel like cooking it. Maybe later I'll grill it with some cucumber salad on the side.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Cukes! I must remember to start getting them again.

Tud never cared for them (actually, he said they didn't care for him), but I love them and I keep forgetting to pick one up at the grocery.

They're not in my new "life routine" yet, I guess. :)

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Unless Rita has a better idea I'm having sausage gravy and biscuits.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
We're heading out to our favorite all you can eat spot!

on the menu are:
steamed crabs
steamed shrimp
BBQ ribs
hush puppies
clam strips
local corn on the cob
fried chicken

mmmmm soooo tasty!!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're heading out to our favorite all you can eat spot!

on the menu are:
steamed crabs
steamed shrimp
BBQ ribs
hush puppies
clam strips
local corn on the cob
fried chicken

mmmmm soooo tasty!!
I want to go there, too!

Dinner was wonderful, and we both decided we could have done without the pork filets and just feasted on the fresh corn and caprese salad. Bill never cared for tomatoes much, not even in sauces, but caprese salad has made him appreciate them. ;) He just said that if his parents had served that when he was a kid, he probably would really like tomatoes now. :D

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I had 2 slices of pizza with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and spinach, and some faux crab cakes (made with squash instead of crab) that I had leftover from a few nights ago.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I had fresh, homemade guacamole. With margaritas. (isn't it a universal law that you have to have 'ritas with fresh guac?) Watermelon for dessert.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i would have loved that salad! i just don't think i could have fit it in with the shrimp alfredo. must save for another time.

however there's always room for margaritas!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts