Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, thank you all so very much for the kind words and thoughts. This has been the past couple of weeks from hell for us. We had to put my sweet cat Max to sleep, my uncle passed away from cancer at the age of 55 and now this. So your kindness is so very appreciated.

I spoke with Cleo's nurse a bit ago (yes, she has her own 24/7 nursing staff by her side constantly!!!). The Nurse said she had a very good night, has started acting like a puppy again and has been continuing to try to bite through the IV line!!! She ate and drank and did her business so that is all good! They are going to try to wean her off the O2 tank today and see how she does. If she is okay, and the x-rays come back the same or better, she may come home this weekend...maybe even tonight!!! :)

And another good update....now they are saying based on the trauma to her esophogus, the DON'T think it was a leash/collar choking accident. They think she swallowed something that caught in her throat and when she proceeded to try to get it up, choked, even for a few seconds, and did damage which in turn caused the edema. I did find her chewing on a piece of stick Thursday night and thought I got it out and she coughed it up but maybe not. My vet, who knows my kids and my pups, completely disagrees with the leash choking theory as well. She said by the damage the emergency vet explained, the dog would have had to been picked up off the floor and held to do the damage. There is NO way my daughter did that. (I know, not my kid mentality but if you knew her, you'd agree.)

So, that's it for now. I am SOOOO relieved. And my hubby, who has never owned a dog in his life, was crying last night from worry and today from tears of joy. Melts my heart.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will update again when I know when she is coming home.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
That is wonderful news Jen, I am so happy for you, your family and Cleo! Sending continued healing thoughts and prayers for Cleo to come home to her family very soon.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yeah!! AWESOME! I was worried about her all evening....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Wonderful news - hope she is home with you soon!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
So very glad to see this!! Good healing thoughts for her and many, many, many, many, many, MANY years filled with love from your awesome family!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Really glad to hear she's better.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Great news! The "trauma by leash/collar" didn't sound likely to me. I swung Bauer around at the end of his leash when he was a little puppy and he was fine. :) In my defense (if there is one), I was pulling him out of the mouth of a boxer/pitt mix that grabbed him around the neck. I'm glad she is doing better and will be home soon.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'm thankful that she is doing better. I hope she continues to improve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts