Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finished! Now I just have to figure out how it's going to get from Houston, TX to Sydney, Australia without damage...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And shredded paper. :)

That's cool! Is everything edible?
It's polymer clay. So my labs would most definitely consider it edible, but I doubt most people would find it a delicacy. :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You made his package kinda big, didn't you? LOL!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!!

That is absolutely amazing, Ursula. You are so talented!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You made his package kinda big, didn't you? LOL!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!!
Did I? I doubt he'd agree with that assessment, what guy would? :D Actually, Amy, it's funny you noticed that. My husband told me that I absolutely had to make sure that there was "some shape there" not just flat, empty trousers, and I figured that a guy's opinion on that was worth taking into consideration.

Justine, thanks for the links on packing. What's worked well in the past for me with these figures is the box-in-a-box method and filling the inner box with the ornament with shredded paper. It can fill into small spaces, doesn't squish delicate details and a blow-drier can be used to get rid of any excess that's clinging to the figure after unwrapping. Then the outer box will have lots of padding, paper, bubble wrap, etc. I did manage to successfully ship a number of ornaments from Libya to various places in the US, but most of those were smaller and less complicated in shape.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts