Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Joins Fox News...

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...o_interstitial

Former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska has signed on as a contributor to the Fox News Channel.

The network confirmed that Ms. Palin would appear on the network’s programming on a regular basis as part of a multiyear deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Ms. Palin will not have her own regular program, one person with knowledge of the deal said, though she will host a series that will run on the network from time to time. This person would not elaborate, but the network does have a precedent for such a series. Oliver L. North is the host of an occasionally running documentary series on the military called “War Stories.”

Many suspected that when Ms. Palin retired as the governor of Alaska last summer she was doing so to pursue some sort of career in television. The Fox News deal, however, would not seem to be all-encompassing, and would appear to give her room for other pursuits, as well.

The deal could be formally announced as early as this afternoon. Robert Barnett, Ms. Palin’s lawyer, did not respond to a call for comment.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Smart move on their part, no doubt it will help their ratings. It won't be long, though, until Fox News and MSNBC change their call letters to less deceptive ones (RNC and DNC, respectively). It's been a while since I watched any of the cable "news" outlets. It's clear they're just trying to rope off certain segments of the population and focus more on entertainment than news, but it's not entertaining to me. I'd rather watch Deadliest Catch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a strong personal belief that watching cable news rots the brain. My mother always told me TV in general did this...but I think it's just cable news. :)

Fox News and MSNBC have achieved success (moreso for Fox, I believe the ratings would say) because people on the right and left can tune in every night and have their own beliefs and biases confirmed for them. Or at the very least...not challenged or held up to critical analysis.

I'd be willing to tolerate it if they bothered with any kind of substantive news reporting but the last time I saw Fox or MSNBC they were both droning on about the latest tabloid crap or manufactured controversy of the day. Boring. Plenty of real journalism going on online to keep up with.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I have a strong personal belief that watching cable news rots the brain. My mother always told me TV in general did this...but I think it's just cable news. :)

Fox News and MSNBC have achieved success (moreso for Fox, I believe the ratings would say) because people on the right and left can tune in every night and have their own beliefs and biases confirmed for them. Or at the very least...not challenged or held up to critical analysis.

I'd be willing to tolerate it if they bothered with any kind of substantive news reporting but the last time I saw Fox or MSNBC they were both droning on about the latest tabloid crap or manufactured controversy of the day. Boring. Plenty of real journalism going on online to keep up with.
This!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Woo-hoo. Palin and Fox news fan here!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Chantel you are a very brave women:D:D
Why? Were all adults here and remember Liberals are very tolerate of other folks ideas and life styles, well at least that was what I was taught in Government class 40 years ago, has it changed?;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Why? Were all adults here and remember Liberals are very tolerate of other folks ideas and life styles, well at least that was what I was taught in Government class 40 years ago, has it changed?;)
Define tolerant:rolleyes: I'm little slow you know!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I watch BBC more and more. I'm sure there is bias but it seems a little less "in your face".

If I was tasked with producing a news program that ran 24/7/365. You can bet your ass there would be some "creative news". I need to feed my family too.

Then again we are supposed to be an intelligent society capable of knowing **** from shinola, asses and holes in the ground and butts from elbows.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Then again we are supposed to be an intelligent society capable of knowing **** from shinola, asses and holes in the ground and butts from elbows.

Now that is funnier than my comment about all Liberals being tolerant.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts