Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is NEVER funny!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!

I'm sorry...I hope you slugged him though. :)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
its never funny. its mean and its cruel. does he look the same as when you married? same waistline, same hairline? its hurtful remarks like that one that my soon to be ex will be divorced for his 2nd time.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
he helped you get pregnant and you will be at your pre-pregnancy weight again. his hair isnt coming back...gently(ok, not really gently) remind him of this.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Not to make light of the situation and I think it is disgusting (it was one thing my hubby also said silently if that makes sense) but at least he didn't tell you he never wanted to marry you or have a baby when you were 6 months pregnant.....or that pregnant women are gross................

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Is it possible that by "skinny" he really meant "not pregnant"? My friend's husband did not want to have sex when she was pregnant, it really creeped him out. It had nothing to do with the weight gain, it simply had to do with her being pregnant.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Good point on the hairline, I remember some guy being horrible about an item of clothing I was wearing once, he said something like "my Grandma has a top like that!", to which I replied "yeah and my Grandad has hair like yours and I can change my top!", his mates roared with laughter and he was left looking like the ahole he clearly was!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
There isn't a person alive who is over weight that doesn't know it, a comment like that is never acceptable. Has he always been this cruel or is it something new! Him and his stuff would be in his car heading down the road if he were my husband:mad2:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Not to make light of the situation and I think it is disgusting (it was one thing my hubby also said silently if that makes sense) but at least he didn't tell you he never wanted to marry you or have a baby when you were 6 months pregnant.....or that pregnant women are gross................
OMG. You're kidding. But you went through infertility treatment together. How could he possibly claim to not want a child together?

Is it possible that by "skinny" he really meant "not pregnant"? My friend's husband did not want to have sex when she was pregnant, it really creeped him out. It had nothing to do with the weight gain, it simply had to do with her being pregnant.
I wish that if it was that, that he could just say that.

There isn't a person alive who is over weight that doesn't know it, a comment like that is never acceptable. Has he always been this cruel or is it something new!
He's always been insensitive about other people's weight. I actively discourage it as when I'm not pregnant I am not exactly skinny........

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, that's a good point. My friends husband wouldn't go near her when she was pregnant, either. Wrong...but true.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Hey, that's a good point. My friends husband wouldn't go near her when she was pregnant, either. Wrong...but true.
No, I think it's the weight gain associated with being pregnant and it pisses me off. I told him last night that I didn't appreciate his comment. He said "Well, you're not fat just pregnant, so you look fat...."Tried correcting that, but really don't think he gets it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.